Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb - Download Allowances

Options
  • 06-04-2009 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

I have Digiweb Metro at the moment and share the connection with my housemates. We have the 8MB package which costs 39.95 per month.

Between the four of us we use up our download allowance pretty quickly and think that the 30GB allowance is absolutely puny! That's really only 7.5GB each.

For 39.95 a month and a connection of 8MB one would expect a greater traffic allowance than just 30GB, for example:

Eircom - 7MB - 50GB Allowance
    Smart - 4MB+ - Unlimited
    Magnet - All - Unlimited
    UPC - 10MB - Unlimited

Sure for an extra 20.00 a month we could have the 12MB package with a 50GB cap, but I still feel that I'm being ripped off just a bit at 39.95!

Capping traffic is a bit out dated now, people upload photos and videos to their various social networks daily, watching youtube etc all eats in to this cap... especially with four people all doing it!

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭RedXIV

switch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭falteringstar

Contract malarky...

Although, will hopefully be moving to the Beacon in a while and Magnet is available there so who knows....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I agree with you i was with digiweb

I switched to eircom 3mb and download about 180GB a month now

Advertisement