Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would it be useful to do a Masters while im waiting

• 06-04-2009 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Just wondering seeing as we have a couple of years to twiddle our thumbs while the garda recruitment has ground to a halt:rolleyes:, would doing a masters (in say a business related course) be of any benefit to me if I was to join the guards i.e getting up the ranks (to CAB or Fraud department perhaps - in time of course)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

Just wondering seeing as we have a couple of years to twiddle our thumbs while the garda recruitment has ground to a halt:rolleyes:, would doing a masters (in say a business related course) be of any benefit to me if I was to join the guards i.e getting up the ranks (to CAB or Fraud department perhaps - in time of course)?

Well in fairness, I don't think doing it will be a bad thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

Its just im working at the minute and I hate the job so its the only other option I can see (as jobs aint that plentiful at the minute)!! Just thinking if it helped in my future career (fingers crossed:p) in the gardai then all the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

If you can afford to do the masters then why not... at least u'll have another qualification if all this doesnt work out, and if everything does go to plan then you'll have another increment on your pay scale when you do graduate from templemore.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭steve196

go for the masters itll stand to you in the long run..... after you come out of your probation i.e 2 years from your attestation, if your have a degree or masters you are intitled to an increment increase in your wage due to the fact you have a recognised degree, masters etc. so in a nutshell go for it.

Advertisement