Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we in friday?

Options
  • 06-04-2009 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hey I know we're off monday but does anyone know if were in friday? Most people are saying we are but I cant find anything on the UCD site.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Don't think so. I've no lectures that day either way, but shouldn't be in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Well one of my lecturers said that Friday and Monday are bank holidays, so we won't be in

Unless they were mistaken, no we are not in :)

Don't take this as gospel btw..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Of course we aren't in! It's a long weekend for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well I got an email telling me my lecture on Friday was cancelled, so I wouldn't have gotten that message if I was supposed to be in right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Is this friday good friday?

• Advertisement

Sean_K wrote: »

Yes, it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

Mushy wrote: »
    Yes, it is!

I thought it was next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

craggles wrote: »
    I thought it was next week!

You thought wrong!

We're off unlike those other non-catholic universities ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Sean_K wrote: »
    Nhoh, Bad Friday

BrightEyes wrote: »
    Nhoh, Bad Friday

Why Bad Friday? Having a massive session with friends, so altering our meaning of Good Friday:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

Either way,I'm having my smoked cod like my forefathers and observe the day without alcohol cause I was brought up on it so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Big juicy steak with a bottle of Jack imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

cheers folks according to this site;

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/employment/employment-rights-and-conditions/leave-and-holidays/public-holidays-in-ireland

it aint a bank holiday but hopefully we arn't in. Cant remember if we were in last year or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I'm not :D I finally get a mid-term! Thursday to Wednesday off baby!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Pretty sure we are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

Enjoy your day on Friday, you may find it a bit lonely and there wont be much to eat, but there will be no problem getting parked.

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/term_dates.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭profun

nice.
    ship it

graduate wrote: »
    Enjoy your day on Friday, you may find it a bit lonely and there wont be much to eat, but there will be no problem getting parked.

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/term_dates.pdf

That doesn't say were not in on those dates, Anyone got a link to a UCD page that does?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Depends on the lecturer I think.. I know that my lectures are cancelled.. It's on your timetable so I don't think we're officially off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Is it possible to hand in essays on friday??

It'll be a week late unfortunately and I'm unlikely to get it done by Thursday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

I can't see how it depends on your lecturer, if the building is closed you can't get in. The only discretion the lecturer has is to decide how to reschedule the lecture. Equally you can submit stuff on Blackboard ot whatever, but the offices are closed.

http://www.ucd.ie/students/whathappenswhen.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

We are all off. It was posted on Blackboard and I asked my programme officer. All buildings will be locked too, including the library. Enjoy!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

Starface , what a load of bs you're talking, the library is open 09.00 - 23.00 on friday.

http://www.ucd.ie/library/about/opening_hours/easter_opening_hours/index.html#main

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

There is a reading room but the full library is not open. I don't think you can get books and that. This is just what my programme officer told me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

I know the health sciences library is closed on Good Friday.
    What a load of crap, no need for it to be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

* Bank Holidays: St Patrick’s Day (17 Mar), Good Friday to Easter Monday (10 Apr to 13 Apr), May Bank Holiday (4 May)

Looks like we're off.

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/studentdesk/student_calendar.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

starface wrote: »
    There is a reading room but the full library is not open. I don't think you can get books and that. This is just what my programme officer told me. :D

Reading Room service just means the library is open but none of the desks will be! Like it is when all the librarians go home in the evening but the place is open til midnight. I think.

Thanks folks looks like were definately off!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Thanks folks looks like were definately off!

Hardly news, this has been the case in every year since the foundation of UCD.

• Advertisement

ardmacha wrote: »
    Hardly news, this has been the case in every year since the foundation of UCD.

Obviously reading the replies to this thread it is news to some people, including me :)

Advertisement