Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo - Galway

• 06-04-2009 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hows it going, thinking of getting a tattoo in Galway? Any suggestions where to go, [mods] last thread about this was in 2008 was just wodering if any of you guys/ladies know the best place to go?

I heard good things about Tribe City on Dominick St, any of you have experience with them??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

GC->Tattoo forum

I got mine in Metalworks on Shop street. Have been complimented on it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

G's Tattoo on Prospect Hill in the city is deadly! Gordan's lovely, such a nice guy! defo worth popping in! few friends and myself have gotten couple tattoos there and i love them, done really well!

Irish Ink's John is grrreat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

G's is fantastic. Gordon really knows his stuff! He worked in Metal Works for almost a decade I do believe! He's really sound. Prices are (or were, at least) based on the actual piece and not on time. Got 2 of mine done there, and love them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 liddy

both my boyfriend and i have had tatz in metalworks by macaya really good artist!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 snowwhite

Okay I am asking the same question but I have had tattoo's done in both Metal Works and Irish Ink before so I am wondering which of the other two (G's and Tribe City) to go for. To be honest I didn't even know these other places existed and I live just outside Galway!!! :o

Anyway what I want to get is some writing from my neck down along my spine (apx 30cm in length) and also some advice on sorting out a disaster of a tattoo on my leg. I want to get it done Monday too so also which place will nnot give me some appointment for weeks away (I'm a tad impulsive). Oh and do these new places charge by time or tattoo? Just wondering because I got one on my neck that is the size of a 5cent coin and took 5 minutes but cost me almost €100 Euro! :eek: I know, I know, more fool me but as I said..."impulsive".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Robfleming69

Crazy Daisy tattoo on foster street is the best by far the guy in there is unbelievable and is very cooperative and charges by the size of the piece not the time taken and will oinly take money for what he feels is worth the progress:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

snowwhite wrote: »
    Just wondering because I got one on my neck that is the size of a 5cent coin and took 5 minutes but cost me almost €100 Euro! :eek: I know, I know, more fool me but as I said..."impulsive".

in answer to that question, artists have a minimum charge for opening the needle, with my tat guy the minimum is €75.

they have to make a living and alot of time goes into preping all the gear and setting up for each inking be it a 5 minute tattoo or a 5 hr tattoo , they both require prep work, equipment set up and all that...............

Crazy Daisy tattoo on foster street

Wow there's another one...I need to get out more.
    Lilliput69 wrote: »
    they have to make a living and alot of time goes into preping all the gear and setting up for each inking be it a 5 minute tattoo or a 5 hr tattoo , they both require prep work, equipment set up and all that...............

Yeah I know that's understandable, I was just a bit miffed as I have had bigger and more elaborate ones done for less. I guess my lesson learned is not to get such a tiny tattoo done ever again! :P Gonna ring around a bit today anyway and see what happens. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Websters

funny enough I heard that yer man in tribe city trained that gordon lad when he was an apprentice in metalworks. anyway im getting some work done tomorrow will post up in art thread :P

• Advertisement

All I can say is "Thank You RobFleming69" for the tip!!! I asked around a bit more and was hearing a load more good stories about 'Crazy Daisy Tattoo'. Decided to go in this morning and after a bit of chat about my tattoo we decided to make it a bit bigger (starting at the neck and ending down near the middle of my back) so as not too loose any detail. He really knew what he was talking about and had some impressive photos of work he had done so there and then I decided to get my tattoo. He did such a good job, even better than I imagined and I couldn't believe that he was only charging me €100 for it considering the size. I felt like he should have charged more so I gave him extra as I believe he deserved far more than he was charging. I am so delighted with my tattoo and I am going back to him to get an old one I got done somewhere else fixed up. I am already planning more in my head that I want him to do. I highly recommend Crazy Daisy to everyone. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Always glad to hear about someone being happy with their tattoos! :D

Don't forget to stick up a pic in the "Show you mine..." thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Websters

yeah get some pics up, feedback is uber supported by photo finishes! :D

Cool, I will post up a pic soon, just want to wait until I am finished with the whole cling film process...should make a nice pic without the selotape marks. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭magconn

snowwhite wrote: »
    Cool, I will post up a pic soon, just want to wait until I am finished with the whole cling film process...should make a nice pic without the selotape marks. :P

Hey Snowwhite! Any pics? Thinking of going to crazy daisy for tattoo myself and would love to see some work beforehand...
    cheers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 domdom8

Hay guys, just been reading reviews and have been thinkin of going to crazy daisy for my tatoo( im from kerry but as i had a tattoo done previous by the guy in crazy daisy as he worke in tralee before he moved on) im just wondering if they are still in business as i have tried ringing but no answer... i would appreciate any help, cheers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭noaddedsugar

Nope, I was talking him probably a month back now and he said he was closing in the next few weeks. He said he'd be working in Limerick and Dublin over the next while though no idea of specifics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 domdom8

Thanks Noaddedsugar, I finally got thru to him this evening and he is in Limerick.I must email him on my design tomorrow and hel hav a look and see if he has time to do it as he has alot of stuff to finish off for people cos he is leavin for good next week he said. Id like to get a look at the Limerick studio first (hygiene etc.) cos the galway studio was supposed be very clean and up to date, hope its the same story with limerick or else ill have to pass!!! hopefuully all going well ill get it sorted next week wit him anyway otherwise ill get it done in Metalurges! Cheers for the reply :D

Advertisement