Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulking - But having trouble controling fats

• 06-04-2009 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Bulking at the mo, but just looking at my food diary, my ratios are coming in around a third each. this seems far too high in fats. taking today, which is fairly average ive had

4 egg white, 2 yellow 185kcal 10g fat
    whole milk 1 litre 600cal 33g fat
    canned salmon 125g 180cal 8g fat
    chicken lunch 440cal 12g fat
    apple 110cal 0 fat
    peanut butter 2 tspns 180kal 16g fat
    3 ryvita 100 cal 0g fat
    mashed potato 280cal 11g fat
    chicken 260 cal 6g fat
    turnip carrot mix 100 cal 6g fat

now, whats standing out to me is the milk, bt ditchn it for skim seems to go against the gaining trend.
    the peanut butter....bt sometype of nuts will be eaten

any suggestions?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

How are you getting 12g of fat from chicken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Jonny303

its a chicken/coconut milk recipe.

450kcals 50g protein 30g carbs 12g fat.

i didnt think it was the worse in the world considering its a fairly nutrious meal

chicken, sugar snap peas, kidney beans, sweetcorn, coconut milk, lime, chilli and couscous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

How are you getting all that fat in mashed potato and a turnip mix? You are either adding lots of butter, or buying pre-made stuff. Make your own and leave out the fat. Same with chicken meals. Buy it raw and cook it yourself. Honestly, it wont' take any longer than baking a ready meal, and the nutrition will be much better.

Fat from salmon is a good thing. You could eat more whole eggs too without causing problems.

Where are your green vegetables? You should have greens in every meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Well the whole milk is definitely the worst offender but if you don't want to give that up I would do as EileenG suggests and drop the added fat on the chicken and veg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Jonny303

cheers for the advice.

as regrads green veg, i do get alot, i just tend to leave it out of counting alot due to the low cal count.

the turnip mix and mash are just off fitday, mayb not totally accurate for me.

dont buy ready meals at all, everything is cooked myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Then your spuds and turnips are pretty much fat free.

Look through Fitday for different versions of the foods you eat. Sometimes it's best to go for the raw version and allow for any shrinkage in cooking.

Advertisement