Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking permit-visitor car parking permit(scratch card)

Options
  • 06-04-2009 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have Dublin Street parking permit for my road, I sold my car and bought new car. I need to post old parking permit and insurance certificate to get new parking permit. While I am waiting for insurance disk and parking I can use my Visitor permit scratch cards. My question can I re-use my visitor permit only once or can I scratch as I need along with 1.25 parking ticket.

Many thanks,

PS: Dublin City council's traffic office close so I would like to know about this tonight if possible
    On the other note whats cheapest parking for a week in city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

might be too late. but here goes.

You need to be a resident to buy visitor discs. You have to produce a bill to prove your are resident at that address.

I think they now only post them out to you too.

Discs are good for 24 hours a time. you scratch the current time and you get until that time the next day.

More info on

http://www.dublincity.ie/ROADSANDTRAFFIC/PARKING/RESIDENTSPARKING/Pages/BuyAPermit.aspx#visit

ps. Just re-read original post. I doubt if you can re-use the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You post isn't very clear, but I gree with this.
    MemEmee wrote: »
    ps. Just re-read original post. I doubt if you can re-use the tickets.

Each visitors permit is only valid once.

You can ask them to issue you with more visitors permits until you have your new registration sorted. In the meantime, it might be an idea to phone the clampers and get them to note the new registration, so they won't clamp you.

Advertisement