Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Sports

Options
  • 06-04-2009 7:48pm

Would anyone be interested in this?

I was thinking about putting together a website that would have results, fixtures etc of sports clubs in Wexford.

Do you think there would be interest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fcleere

i would think so.if its quick with results and updated regularly it would go down a treat

It would require people tp update it though! Same pricinple as Wikipedia and whatnot.

I'll pop up a beta version of the site over the next few days and try and get some feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭DaveMR

Yes involved with 2 clubs and sounds like a great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Potentail to be great, but you'd need to get people likethe county gaa board and the likes on board to help updating scores etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

Wexford Football League are generally very quick at putting up the junior soccer results on their site at www.wexfordfootballleague.com. They're usually up Sunday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭wexican

It would require people tp update it though! Same pricinple as Wikipedia and whatnot.

I'll pop up a beta version of the site over the next few days and try and get some feedback!

Just wondering if there were any developments?

Would be a really great asset to quickly and easily access results for all sports clubs in the county.

Yep - got some good work done then I ran into exams!

Will be done with course in two weeks so should have a beta version up and running after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭DaveMR

Yep - got some good work done then I ran into exams!

Will be done with course in two weeks so should have a beta version up and running after that.

Good work
    I know there isnt a website where rugby results can be found, particularly at youth level

I am trying to make it easy for people to update, hence the delay.

Formatting is nasty but that will come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

To attract general interest, it should not be biased to any one/two sports and should include fringe sports which are played in Wexford. For argument sake only, such examples would be cricket, basketball, swimming, tennis

• Advertisement

Hehe - I'm involved in fringe sports so I understand that.

Might run the beta site with just the main ones. Haven't figured out to easily add a new sport yet. Will focus on this once exams are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭wexican

Nice one zaraba. Best of luck in your exams, and look forward to seeing the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

great idea. would look forward to contributing to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

best of luck! ...great idea !

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

wonderful idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 totoro

Any one have any info on rowing in Wexford. I'd like to join i there's a club.

Website mock up is now built.

Just waiting to try and get some help with SQL to automate it.

Advertisement