Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

noise-cancelling headphones?

• 06-04-2009 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

(sorry, didn't really know where to put this, but since im asking about headphones for an mp3 player, here made sense)

anyway: are there such things as noise-cancelling headphones for under €50 or am i being laughably naiive? i tend to go through headphones very quickly so i usually stick to yr 10-20 quid ones, but they leak sound like there's no tomorrow & i don't wanna be That Jerk on the bus anymore :rolleyes:

thankee'all!
    xxx

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm not a big fan of digital noise cancelling headphones, and to get a good pair you're probably going to be paying 150-200 at the least. Really you're better off going with a cheaper set of IEM's, these are headphones that sit within the ear canal.

Some good/easily available brands to look at would be the likes of shure or UE (ultimate ears), there are a hell of a lot more if you're willing to buy online.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Have a look at mymemory.co.uk, I got a pair of sennheisers from http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Portable-Headphones/Sennheiser/Sennheiser-CX300-Ear-Canal-Headphones---Black they are cheaper if you don't mind them in pink :)

I used to think people were crazy spending a fortune on headphone, but they are worth every penny, I can even tell the difference in encoding now on the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

I ordered a set of SoundMagic PL30... you can order them from www.focalprice.com

They are only $22 and they're supposed to be great... comparable to $300 earphones - supposedly. I bought them to try them out, sure why not, for €20 you can't really go too wrong.

I have the CX300s, they're pretty good for the money. If you want earphones right now I think they're half price at the moment in HMV on Grafton St, downstairs.

If you can wait have a read of www.head-fi.org, see what kinda of earphones you need to the music you listen to :P

Advertisement