Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling books to Chapters?

Options
  • 06-04-2009 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi has anyone sold any of their books to Chapters bookshop in Parnell street recently? I have about thirty to forty books/novels i wana offload to them and I'm just wondering is it worth my while, do they pay much per book?they are mostly in good condition and some have never actually been read!!
    anyway if anyone has any experience with them they wana share that'd be great, thanks:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

rose_2 wrote: »
    Hi has anyone sold any of their books to Chapters bookshop in Parnell street recently? I have about thirty to forty books/novels i wana offload to them and I'm just wondering is it worth my while, do they pay much per book?they are mostly in good condition and some have never actually been read!!
    anyway if anyone has any experience with them they wana share that'd be great, thanks:D

if ur doing it to make money id ebay them

bookshops dont tend to pay much for second hand books

if you dont care about the profits there are plenty of charity shops that would love them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Of course they don't pay much per book, they are only selling them on for below a tenner usually. Your best value for money is as trade in, gives you a better price per book but obviously only valid for other books in the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

delllat wrote: »
    if ur doing it to make money id ebay them

I found it hard to sell books on Ebay postage was always expensive as some books are heavy and with the cost of the book not much of a saving for the purchaser. And it wasn't worth the hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

Have you tried the book mooch website?
    You can swap your books there.

Its fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Harpz

They pay approx. €1 per book but bear in mind that they will not take any Tom Clancy, Celia Ahern or any other very popular books as they have more than enough of these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Better suited to the Literature forum, methinks.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Tawfee

Harpz wrote: »
    They pay approx. €1 per book but bear in mind that they will not take any Tom Clancy, Celia Ahern or any other very popular books as they have more than enough of these.

They won't take hardbacks or large-format paperbacks either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tawfee wrote: »
    They won't take hardbacks or large-format paperbacks either.

Not surprising there. Hardbacks and large format paperbacks are a nuisance to store. Dunno why the printing houses keep publishing large-format paperbacks.

Advertisement