Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's one for ye - easter eggs.

Options
  • 06-04-2009 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Morrisons in Glasgow have Easter Eggs (ye know them small ones ? various Nestle and Cadbury ones such as Rolo and Caramel etc.) for £.69

Dunnes stores ?
    Same selection more or less and they want €2.49

Super Valu ?
    €3.49

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Here we go again about comparing to prices abroad. Get over it. You have a choice whether you want to buy them or not.

Edit: Now the price difference between supervalu and Dunnes is a rip off, well spotted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

alan ....did you include the cost of flight to Glasgow when comparing those prices ?

(I'm only extracting the urine)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got a Supervalu flyer through the door today advertising 3 medium sized eggs for a fiver.

What a rip off!! :D
    Mr E wrote: »
    I got a Supervalu flyer through the door today advertising 3 medium sized eggs for a fiver.

Marks and sparks have nice easter eggs, why get boring cadbury/nestle ones when you get some cool ones in marks :pac:
    Bit pricey though but better ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 DeGriff

Superquinn are advertising 3 for 2 on easter eggs but are charging E3.99 for Cadburys buttons egg when they are only E2.49 everywhere else. How can they be 3 for 2 then when you can buy them else where cheaper without any offer surely this is false advertising :confused:

DeGriff wrote: »
    Superquinn are advertising 3 for 2 on easter eggs but are charging E3.99 for Cadburys buttons egg when they are only E2.49 everywhere else. How can they be 3 for 2 then when you can buy them else where cheaper without any offer surely this is false advertising :confused:

3 for 7.98euro, hmm its more expensive than 3 x 2.50euro, not false advertisement as they are advertising the individual prices but it is more expensive than other places. Just buy your eggs somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Morrisons in Glasgow have Easter Eggs (ye know them small ones ? various Nestle and Cadbury ones such as Rolo and Caramel etc.) for £.69

Dunnes stores ?
    Same selection more or less and they want €2.49

Super Valu ?
    €3.49

I don't see any ripoff? Supervalu are probably normal RRP, dunnes are really cheap and in other countries they are incredibly cheap. Easter eggs have all gotten very cheap in recent years, just like big tins of roses & quality street. I remember as a kid the price per kilo on roses & easter eggs was massive relative to normal bars.

Do you want all shops to sell stuff at a loss? there is no way cadburys would sell to irish retailers at the euro equivalent of £.69. Take a stroll around musgraves and then tell me your local convenience store is ripping you off. Seriously, you can go into musgraves with no card and just look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've been speaking to loads of people recently who have said that Easter eggs are very cheap now. Sure, they might be more expensive than in, for example, Glasgow, but at least they are getting cheaper. You have to put these things in perspective. We are very much aware that UK prices are cheaper than Irish prices, but we are also very much aware that for a lot of things prices will never be equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

The sweet shop in Finglas Post Office (Cardiffsbridge) are selling Eggs at 2.00 euro each - and that's a small retailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

There's a shop on Kevin ST (I think) selling them for 2 euro each aswell which is really good. They're 99p in Enniskillen (standard size creme egg one anyway). :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

people shouldn't be complaining about the prices imo, these were a fiver each in most places a few years ago, now you're getting 4 bars worth of choclate for €2.50, and keeping your kids happy (which is priceless)

Advertisement