Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlock 2.2.1 iphone? possible or not

Options
  • 06-04-2009 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

so, as far as i know, the only way to do this is with a turbo sim....

will this definitly work?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

you can use QuickPwn and the Pwnage Tool too. I used the Pwnage tool last week and it worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭bacon?

preilly79 wrote: »
    you can use QuickPwn and the Pwnage Tool too. I used the Pwnage tool last week and it worked perfectly.

can you explain to me what this is?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

sure!

the pwnage tool will take the official apple firmware and jailbreak and unlock it. i haven't used quickpwn.

go here: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ and download the pwnage tool from one of the official torrents. then, download the 2.2.1 firmware from apple. the pwnage tool will modify the firmware, creating what's known as a custom firmware, which you can then restore onto your iPhone using iTunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

bacon? wrote: »
    can you explain to me what this is?

cheers

Google, my friend, will explain all (and keep the previous poster from incriminating him/herself ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭paruss100

But surely you cant unlock the iphone at all if its on the 2.30 baseband? ie it has been updated using itunes not quickpwn. Or am i mistaken? Anyone successfully unlocked from 2.30?

• Advertisement
Advertisement