Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BroadBand in Balbriggan

Options
  • 06-04-2009 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have been trying to get in broadband (tried vodafone, eircom, bt etc) in but I have been told that there is no more space left on the exhange - I would have to wait for someone to disconnet in order to get their space - and to try NTL as it comes through the telly..

Now just wondering if anyone here has it, and what do you think of it??

I'm using mobile broadband atm but its not the greatest..

(I know this should be in the Broadband forum, but I would like the advice from people in Balbriggan if that's ok?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 GIS_nerd38

You will have to have broadband to view it but there are stats on this site about broadband access from the CSO I think: http://www.fdb.ie/fingaldatahub/

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭emmbaasee

Don't go with Icebroadband would be my advice. I'm with them at the moment and they're a disgrace. I would love to be able to reccommend another provider but from the research i've been doing, they all seem to have unhappy customers. Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

I recommend Digiweb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 marcmc4

Yeah Digiweb for Broadband in Balbriggan. Hard to beat. Would defo recommend them

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

NTL are laying fibre aroud Balbriggan at the moment,if you can get it go for it.
    Their customer service is dire but their connectivity is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Ok just checked the digiweb site and they have only two options for people in Balbriggan: Mobile BB or DSL..

Is the DSL what you all have?

In relation to NTL, I am a bit skeptic in going with them, first of all we dont have NTL cable tv, only SKY for one reason, their customer service really pis sses me off! But Moonbeam, is their BB reliable?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You said DSL was not an option for you as the exchang is full so Digiweb wireless or mobile are your options with Digiweb.
    Yes NTL broadband is generally reliable.
    IBB are pronably an option too,

Moonbeam wrote: »
    You said DSL was not an option for you as the exchang is full so Digiweb wireless or mobile are your options with Digiweb.
    Yes NTL broadband is generally reliable.
    IBB are pronably an option too,

Yea it's not but when I log onto the digiweb site, they say that wireless is not available in Balbriggan and that they are my only options.

Might just go with NTL..

I'm getting quite pppeeeedddd off now..

Just off the phone from NTL and they don't provide bb in balbriggan.

Seriously it's 2009 and I cant get any bb!

They do but possibly not in your area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

I'm using Meteor mobile and find it really good.

I was also told I couldn't get NTL as it is not in my area (i.e specific road!) My immediate next door neighbour has the NTL aerial thingy so I'm assuming he has NTL, but I can't get phone, telly or BB. So daft!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Ok just checked the digiweb site and they have only two options for people in Balbriggan: Mobile BB or DSL..

Is the DSL what you all have?

In relation to NTL, I am a bit skeptic in going with them, first of all we dont have NTL cable tv, only SKY for one reason, their customer service really pis sses me off! But Moonbeam, is their BB reliable?

No problems with NTL here in Malahide, we were recently added (maybe this time last year). Nothing to complain about other than the extra charge for standalone BB (ie not having telly etc), but it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

I'm getting quite pppeeeedddd off now..

Just off the phone from NTL and they don't provide bb in balbriggan.

Seriously it's 2009 and I cant get any bb!

Where do you live in Balbriggan ?
    Colleague of mine lives in Moylarah and is getting UPC BB installed next week

I called UPC 2 weeks ago to check if it was available in my estate [ Castleland ] and was told it should be within the next few weeks.

I'm on BT for now and ok

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 farlco

You can't believe anything any of these service providers tell you. Trying to get internet/phone/tv has been a bloody nightmare. But I've had UTV for the last two years, got a flyer through the door saying UPC now had cable in my area, (tried to get their MMDS tv a few years ago, but a block of apartments were blocking the signal). Rang them up they said actually not ready yet , fine, rang again three weeks later they said it was, asked them if they were sure etc . Booked an install for three weeks later and cancelled my sky/utv. When they came to install they said they couldn't because there were no "taps" on my side of the street, they would have to get some engineers out to put them in, not so fine, rang them a few times to find out situation eventually they said they would have to get a different set of engineers out because there was no cable on my side of the street , didn't know how long it would take. Cancelled. Now with no tv/phone/broadband
    Rang Digiweb today as on their website they say you can get their mobile service in balbriggan, a sales person there said that they only offer dsl. Then I bought 3's modem , can only get about .25 megabits. crap, bring ing it back. They even sell a 7.5 megabit modem, a speed which you can't actually get yet because none of their masts are upgraded yet, they think it'll be about a month or so!
    Help.
    Does anyone have digiweb mobile in balbriggan?

Farlco - I had it:)

It is brilliant,better then my DSL

Advertisement