Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best toys for staffie

Options
  • 06-04-2009 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi i have a 2 year old Staffie and cant seem to find anything indestructable for him to chew/play with. Any ideas from Staffie owners or dogs of similar breed ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I have a staffador ;) He loves his kong, I also have a rubber bone which he bounces around the place. He has an assortment of stuffed toys to "kill". He has one little winnie the pooh my little sister gave him and he carries it around oh so gently, even sleeps with it. It could fill ahole in his tooth it's that tiny but he loves it. Oh and anything that squeeks.

He's hard to keep entertained, but changing his toys regularly seems to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

How about...

Another Staff!.

Beautiful dogs, but mine destroy everything too. Have you considered rigging up a spring pole for the guy?.

It might look awful, and this isn't a great clip but Staffs and Pitbulls love their spring poles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

The black kong is fairly tough there's also a toy I've seen made of tyre rubber or something not sure how strong it is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭aboutimeilogin!

The black kong is fairly tough there's also a toy I've seen made of tyre rubber or something not sure how strong it is though.
    the kongs are the best, the are indestructable and the staffy never knows what way it will bounce. i got mine 2 years ago in the petshop beside the clarence hotel on the quays but i think any shop will order them.
    i also have a car tyre hanging from an apple tree in my garden which gives my guy hours of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mel94

I use kongs for mine aswell, they love them, i also give them basket balls to play with as they are quiet hard and it takes them ages to kill it!

i have a spring pole for mine aswell.......you should never leave your dog to play on this unsupervised, and reserch how to use it properly before you use one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

biggybum wrote: »
    Hi i have a 2 year old Staffie and cant seem to find anything indestructable for him to chew/play with. Any ideas from Staffie owners or dogs of similar breed ??
    when i used to go to the nwsbtc many of the owners ,those who had a large enought garden used to put a rubber car or motorcycle tyre round a tree the dogs love to play a tug of war with it,

Advertisement