Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Foot Abroad holidays

Options
  • 06-04-2009 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm thinking of going on a walking holiday in Europe and came across the Onefootabroad website. It appears a great idea.
    Has anyone here ever used them?
    If so I'd appreciate any advice.
    Do they do exactly what it says on the tin? Or is there a drawback, hidden expense etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

I've never used this company before but they sound like a similar setup to the likes of Explore, Exodus etc and i've been on many of Explore's trips. You might want to check out Explores website also -

http://www.explore.co.uk/ - Anne Maxwells in Dublin is their Irish agent.

Things to watch out for:
    1. Is the final price quoted land only or flights included?
    2. Be aware that if flights are included they may be ex-london. So you still have to factor in a flight to and from London. If you choose the land only option it will be up to you to make your own way to the meet up point.
    3. Is the company bonded?
    4. Accomodation - camping or hotels?
    5. The trip might also have such things as a local payment and/or an optional single supplement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Yorkshire

dogmatix wrote: »
    I've never used this company before but they sound like a similar setup to the likes of Explore, Exodus etc and i've been on many of Explore's trips. You might want to check out Explores website also -

http://www.explore.co.uk/ - Anne Maxwells in Dublin is their Irish agent.

Things to watch out for:
    1. Is the final price quoted land only or flights included?
    2. Be aware that if flights are included they may be ex-london. So you still have to factor in a flight to and from London. If you choose the land only option it will be up to you to make your own way to the meet up point.
    3. Is the company bonded?
    4. Accomodation - camping or hotels?
    5. The trip might also have such things as a local payment and/or an optional single supplement.
    Many thanks Dogmatix. Yes, that looks like a similiar site ok.
    I think Onefootabroad are an Irish company, but I could be wrong. They appear to be cheaper than I expected too.
    Not as big a selection as on that site you gave a link to though
    Will check them both out,
    Cheers

Advertisement