Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting the start page of a website

Options
  • 06-04-2009 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

I've just uploaded my website and sorted out my domain name.
    When I type in the domain address it goes to a login page for my host, but I want the default.aspx page to appear.

How do I go about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Delete/replace the index.html page with your new index page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Delete/replace the index.html page with your new index page

Will the fact that it's a .aspx file not be a problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

RichyX wrote: »

No, if it's called Default.aspx, then as long as there isn't an index.html page in the same folder, your Default.aspx will load automatically...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

RichyX wrote: »

It could if its not a windows server as oppose to a Linux one. Also the index file could be called index.htm or index.html delete/replace both/either

Axwell wrote: »
    It could if its not a windows server as oppose to a Linux one. Also the index file could be called index.htm or index.html delete/replace both/either

Thanks for the help guys.

I made sure it was a Windows server before I signed up.
    I deleted the index.html page, but it still doesn't work.

This is the error I get: "Directory Listing Denied
    This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Look for a setting in your control panel called "directory indexes" or something like that.

eoin wrote: »
    Look for a setting in your control panel called "directory indexes" or something like that.

Nice one, that solved it.
    I actually had a similar problem last year, although I managed to forget how to solve it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Go into your web domain settings and check that you have the necessary web extensions turned on, for aspx it should be asp.net version 1 or version 2. I had this problem originally, you need to have the asp.net framework running to load an aspx page...

Advertisement