Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCF or Hellfest

• 06-04-2009 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

Are any our members heading to either of these festivals?

I'm still trying to decide which one to go to.

Magic Circle Festival

or

Hellfest

The line-up for Hellfest is savage. There are some serious bands set to play. But MCF will be epic. The only downfall, is that unlike most years, Manowar will only be playing on one day. Hmmmm decisions!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Definitely helfest for me (If I was going), the sunday has a savage line up all together.

Can't believe motley crue are billed above heaven and hell either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Hellfest is certainly the one to go to this year. Hopefully I'll make it over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

Definitely helfest for me (If I was going), the sunday has a savage line up all together.

Can't believe motley crue are billed above heaven and hell either.
    That would be because Motley Crue are the superior of the two. :p *Runs to the hills* :D
    Passenger wrote: »
    Hellfest is certainly the one to go to this year. Hopefully I'll make it over.
    Cool. I'm swaying towards Hellfest myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Hffinalbilling.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

+1 for GhostInTheRuins comment re: Crue being above Heaven and Hell:confused:.

Great line up on Sunday on the main stage; Epica, Queensryche and Dream Theater:D:D

• Advertisement

+1 for GhostInTheRuins comment re: Crue being above Heaven and Hell:confused:.

Great line up on Sunday on the main stage; Epica, Queensryche and Dream Theater:D:D

You forgot Manowar!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Cathy666 wrote: »
    You forgot Manowar!! :eek:

Ah now Cathy, They'll never follow DT:D

Ah now Cathy, They'll never follow DT:D

Haha would you give over! Manowar are the second greatest band of all time, the best being Iron Maiden - obviously! I said it, therefore it's true :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Hellfest ftw!

It'l be my second year at Hellfest this year, I can't recommend it enough! It's a really nice fest, nice area of France, very well organised, nice crowd, quite safe, good food, great atmosphere, cheap, unreal metal market. I could go on. Hellfest is awesome! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Indeed it is. Forget about Wacken, Hellfest is where it's at:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

+1 on Hellfest !

I have to say though, the line up for Wacken is looking pants atm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Id go for hellfest anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Definitely Hellfest. Really wish I was going. I've been trying to persuade people to come to it with me the last few year & no one would. The one year I can't go, because I've an exam on the Saturday, a few of my friends are going. Typical!

Manowar, one of the only bands I've never seen live are playing & Queensryche, my favourite band too.. & Pain of Salvation. Fecks sake. At least the other bands I like are playing Graspop. Hoping 1 or 2 of the above get announced for Bloodstock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Definitely Hellfest. Really wish I was going. I've been trying to persuade people to come to it with me the last few year & no one would. The one year I can't go, because I've an exam on the Saturday, a few of my friends are going. Typical!

Credit crunch + other priorities have me out on this one as well. And with the lineup like that, it's the one year i'd actually have a major vested interested in attending.

*walks off to the bar mumbling something about life not being fair... or something*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Manowar, one of the only bands I've never seen live

You've seen nearly every band live? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I had a brilliant time at Hellfest last year (regardless of the fact that I was baking in the afternoons.) This years lineup looks pretty good, So I'd recommend you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

You've seen nearly every band live? :eek:

Bands I like yeah.. Them & Rammstein are probably the only 2 I've yet to see.

Advertisement