Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random few pics (first post!)

• 06-04-2009 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

Ok so i shoot on 35mm and tend not to edit my pictures at all, just wanted to see if ye think any of them are worthwhile or if i should just give up!:o

3418454305_39b338ce5b_o.jpg
    3419262986_a8c2debdef_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I like those 2 photos

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Give up! :D

Seriously ... good first effort.

Lovely sky in the first one. The tower leaning does not quite sit right with me. May work better if if you were to process it so that it was vertical.

Nice light for the Landscape. The sky needs more detail & the forground is too bright for me. As this is film you probably benefit from some ND Grad Filters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

First one:

I'd prefer slightly more exposure on the buildings, seem too dark for me. If you can bring it out a little bit without the blowing out the sky it will be a nicer picture.

Num 2:

Good shot, maybe a slight crop at the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

thanks guys!:)
    I have no editing software whatsoever, and only just got some of my stuff on cd, im a bit old skool!

Yeah i argee about the buildings needing to be more vertical, i took a few shots of that but that was the best as when they were vertical there wasnt much colour or as much sky.

heres a couple more,

3419263558_a9b898dc32_o.jpg

3418453951_a189329760_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

I don't have editing software either, and I use mostly 35mm, I just use the basic editor on Flickr...it's grand for touching up any dodgy exposures or contrasts etc that you can only pick up on after you get a roll of film done!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Schlemm I was using the same for my film too (picnik) but I noticed on another thread Sipilicius mentioned a site called Picasa. It's really easy to down load and is free. It's as easy to use, not too much science input into the photo but with just the right options.
    I noticed that by using the flickr option that I was using up all my space on my flickr site etc. So with Picasa being seperate you can bring them straight from cd in simplicity. It's well worth a look. I only do film and mostly 35mm and find it very sympathetic to the image.

2nd photo's good Shamanic. The others look as though you're standing back from your subject rather than climbing into it.

thanks for the tip there!! downloading it as we speak!
    as for the pics, I like them too, what camera do you use?

Schlemm wrote: »
    thanks for the tip there!! downloading it as we speak!
    as for the pics, I like them too, what camera do you use?

Shamanic or me?

humberklog wrote: »
    Shamanic or me?

both, haha

• Advertisement

Mostly a early 80's Canon A-1 with 28mm, 50mm and 80-200mm. I dropped my 20mm-70mm into a well about 3 year ago.
    I've got an old Minolta something or other too but don't use it much.
    A little Olympus Trip pointer. Sturdy and steady snapper. Desert or swamp and it'll go. It's the Kalashnikov of point and shooters.
    A 120mm Bronica that I only wheel out for paid private shoots and even at that not even then these days. Nooky shoots aren't fairing well in the present climate. I haven't had it out in nearly a year. I used the Canon last time.
    I've been keeping an old Cybershot 4mp in my pocket to scope out locations and record them. It's good fun but that's probably as far as I'd go with digital.

But mostly the Canon A1. Honest, sturdy and handsome.

What about you?

(Oh a Holga too that I've had for years. My daughter uses that and the Minolta and a little digital. She's 5 so she does give them a bit of a belting)

Thanks for all the coments guys, to be honest, im not that up to the minute on cameras at all, i just point and shoot!

The cameras im using are
    A Canon EOS 500N with a Sigma 35-80mm
    and
    A Nikon F65 28-80mm

Id appreciate any pointers in using them, and if any body can give me advise on lenses or filters i can get, also i want to get a little collection of film cameras so if anybody is getting rid of them im right here and interested:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Hey guys,
    FYI I posted a thread about a free onine photoshop, no install and really easy/handy to use :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055528341

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Tallon wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    FYI I posted a thread about a free onine photoshop, no install and really easy/handy to use :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055528341

Had a look at this when it was posted previously. It looks incredibly good for an online editor. I need to spend some more time with it, but I was amazed at what it would do for you in an online manner. Tis a nice find...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭ajsp.

Shamanic wrote: »
    Ok so i shoot on 35mm and tend not to edit my pictures at all, just wanted to see if ye think any of them are worthwhile or if i should just give up!:o

3418454305_39b338ce5b_o.jpg
    3419262986_a8c2debdef_o.jpg

It's a hobby so enjoy it and don't give it up whatever you do.
    As for the pics, I like them.
    If it's tips your after, learn to use the camera in manual mode, it will make you a much better photographer

Advertisement