Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 5 a side on astro?

Options
  • 06-04-2009 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Going to Celbridge one at the moment, any other ones near there that may be better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BoycieIRL

You could try the Amenities centre in Leixlip - they have 2 sets of 4 Astro pitches there. One set of 4 belong to Leixlip FC i think and the new ones behind the tennis courts belong to the amenities centre. The ones behind the tens court can support 6 aside easily - slightly bigger than Celbridge pitches - no wooden kick boards and recessed goals but the surface is much better than Celbridge, not as hard on the legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Thanks Boycie. Was actually interested in taking up tennis maybe once a week in the amenitie centre. Do u just show up and pay or do you have to book it? Also do you know what the charge is roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BoycieIRL

Not too sure about the courts - best give them a bell - the footy is 50notes for an hr. must be booked and paid up front, would assume the same protocol applies for the tennis

I'd imagine it would be cheaper than 50euro coz not 10 people on the court :D

Ya I'll give them a bell and see if i need me own racket or maybe they supply it

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    Thanks Boycie. Was actually interested in taking up tennis maybe once a week in the amenitie centre. Do u just show up and pay or do you have to book it? Also do you know what the charge is roughly?
    My understanding is that you need to join the Tennis Club as they are the ones that own the courts not the Amentities Centre.

http://www.leixliptennisclub.com/

• Advertisement

Thanks will look into that!

Advertisement