Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance Loaded

Options
  • 06-04-2009 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

I recently had a car accident thankfully no one hurt fully comprehensive had just paid my premium for the next 12 months which was €1266.00 so after accident I said I would claim for my car damage from Insurance and in the next 12 months put a little aside for I knew my premium would be loaded next year so I thought.... but I was wrong they loaded me immediately with a bill for €1,800.00 so in the end I paid for damages myself at a cost of €1,900.00 and kept my no claims bonus, but I think they knew I would pay as they sent the bill on the morning I was collecting car from crash repair service they recommended! I have been driving since I am 21 and never had an accident now 47. Has anybody else had a similiar problem and is there a case to complain to Insurance Ombudsman?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm not too familiar with the ins and outs of how they weight car insurance after claims, but perhaps it might be something to do with the fact that you'd only just renewed your policy for the year? Give your insurance company a ring and see can you talk to somebody who can explain why they loaded it now.

Advertisement