Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Access my Harddrive Windows Vista

• 06-04-2009 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi - I hope someone can help!!

My laptop has been faulty for a little while now, various issues, and now it seems to have fully died.

When I try and turn it on, it tells me that windows failed to start and that it is recommended I do startup repair, or I could try windows normally.

Either selection goes straight into start up repair.

I have files that I would like on the harddrive, and I dunno how to get them off. I tried to put my ubuntu disk in, but it's not running that - ya know you can try it without installing it, and I tried that, but it didnt work - the graphics go all strange.

Is there anyway that I can access files? Is there a disk that can access the harddrive?

Its a fujitsu siemens esprimo mobile v5455, WIndows Vista Home

Thanks in advance.

Eily

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It seems like the laptop is having Windows boot issues or else hard disk issues.

You could use something like the Ultimate Boot CD, has a program called NTFSToDOS to access the NTFS Partition (free), or buy one of those USB external drives for 2.5 inch and pop the disk into this, and connect it to the USB of another computer.

but I think you would be better off trying to fix Windows first. Have you tried booting to the advanced startup menu and trying the different boot modes. http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/help/f9c50a72-04ec-4088-9fd4-a4f979eef5a71033.mspx

What were you working on last when the thing crashed. It could be just a driver issue.

Advertisement