Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

traffic in the city in last few days

• 06-04-2009 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

whats the deal with the traffic on the ferrybank dc and sallypark in the last week or so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I think its caused by the construction of a new roundabout outside the Ferrybank shopping centre.

And a right mess of it they're making too. What a strangely-designed junction that will be.

What - a badly designed road junction in Waterford - surely not! ;}

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭deiseman21

alinton wrote: »
    I think its caused by the construction of a new roundabout outside the Ferrybank shopping centre.

And a right mess of it they're making too. What a strangely-designed junction that will be.

A.

surely not ,the roundabout out side the train station comes to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Judging by this new roundabout and the Matties Hill one up from Waterford Crystal, the city council need to invest in some new surveying equipment!

The last few new roundabouts have weird reverse slopes on them which are the opposite of the original slope :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Yea, whats the sloping roundabout all, er, about?

I really can't see whats going on there. Your car gets thrown all over the place, making it even less likely that you navigate the roundabout in the manner prescribed in the rules of the road.

Its no wonder few people know how to do this correctly when the item is all slanted, or the Council have marked it wrongly, or both.

That one in Ferrybank: Its offset to the right (as you head east), so driving that way it's gonna look as if you have priority.

I forecast collisions there.

Which Council official's child designs these things?

A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

alinton wrote: »

A.

Is that shopping centre and the roundabout not actually in Co Kilkenny? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

fricatus wrote: »
    Is that shopping centre and the roundabout not actually in Co Kilkenny? :rolleyes:

Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I love the Matties Hill roundabout! Would be great in a Pug 205 GTi. The Folly/Johns Park roundabout is teh win for badness though not nearly as awful as it used to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

mike65 wrote: »
    I love the Matties Hill roundabout! Would be great in a Pug 205 GTi. The Folly/Johns Park eggabout is teh win for badness though not nearly as awful as it used to be.

Fixed that for ya ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

mike65 wrote: »
    I love the Matties Hill roundabout! Would be great in a Pug 205 GTi. The Folly/Johns Park roundabout is teh win for badness though not nearly as awful as it used to be.

Who are you, you boy-racing chav, and what have you done with Mike??? :D

Advertisement