Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards is turning into a tip toe don't say boo hoo site.

Options
  • 06-04-2009 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

What the hell is going on with people in today's world.

I'm fuming at the Americanisation of everything. Rules are fine, rules are made, rules will be broken. But we do our best to abide by them naturally.
    Dear mysterious,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: Breach of Forum Charter
    You have received an infraction for your comment in the humour thread "woman off to america". If uyou read the forum charter you will see that this is against the rules - if you dont like a joke, rate it accordingly, but do not criticise is as you did.

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59576105

Quote:
    That was it.

I was waiting for something really funny to come out of this.

But Aran Islands. I wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this. No offence, I just don't find that this is that hilarious.
    All the best,
    boards.ie

Ok that is it.

Now I'm going to give you all a bit of REALITY CHECK. But before I do, I want to tell you I got a infraction for been critical and voicing my opinion. this is HUMAN NATURE. It's on a humour forum. If you ban people for been critical, then humour forum may as well be in the garbage trash. Been critical is an important contribution to communication, and even vital in many such topics like humour forum. But gee, a new rule eh. Seriously it is ****ing redicolous. The level of extremity is just disturbing. What is next? remove the whole post, because been critical might give someone cancer?

You tell me this is how you now run the humour forum. Well I tell you what thats funny. What should I do, type and say "sorry for going againsts terms of conditions, but I didn't laugh but I won't say I found it funny now, cus that's the rule. If you don't find it funny don't say. It's a boo hoo thing to do. I just hope the moderators on the humour forum didn't make these rules, cus if they did, I seriously would doubt they are moderating the right forum.

Can I ask who the fupp is making these idiotic rules? I'm creating this thread purposely for the fact, that this is turning into a bubble society. Too politically correct and it's just getting way to extreme. Been too extreme, is not natural nor fully correct. We human beings are not perfect. Been to rigid, black and white is not natural, because we human beings are not black and white or rigid. We are everything in between.

The majority of boards user's are ADULTS. i Think we may as well be sheep with a bag of rules around our neck at this stage, don't step in the potty!
    The way I see it is, every so often on
    Each board
    Each forum
    And each thread, there is constantly been new rules and laws added bit by bit. I can understand that the owner's of the site want to make it user friendly. Which these rules allow more balance. Right now it's way off the scale. Welcome to Nazis land. When is this going to stop? Is there going to be more rules? When is it going to be sufficient enough? When should we lay the line down? Is too much rules better?

But can I ask the owners of this site, are you going to lose your marbles all together with this site? This is better than Nazis germany at this rate.

I get a infraction for critizing? I'm not even here demanding to get it off me. To be honest I don't give a flying swan about it, it's that low. I'm here to tell you how untolerable boards is becoming. I'm here to simply say, welcome to a robot society that this whole world is heading. Get your space shoes on and glide through the air! Let's all live in a plastic bubble.............................. I'm speaking for other's too. I really think this infraction nonsense is getting a wee bit out of hand. BTW I don't have an issue with people or the website itself, just the monster it's turning into.

All the best Mysterious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

The forum charter pretty clearly sets out the position in regards the type of post you made. There is even another sticky to point it out at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054858721
    This has been in place since 2005 and is nothing new, Infractions are there to warn rather than ban (In this case the mod would have been within their rights to give you a ban) I know its frustrating when you get rapped on the knuckles for something you believe is completely unjustified but these are our rules and you can either accept them or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Asok wrote: »
    The forum charter pretty clearly sets out the position in regards the type of post you made. There is even another sticky to point it out at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054858721
    This has been in place since 2005 and is nothing new, Infractions are there to warn rather than ban (In this case the mod would have been within their rights to give you a ban) I know its frustrating when you get rapped on the knuckles for something you believe is completely unjustified but these are our rules and you can either accept them or not.

So it's a rule not to say you didn't find a joke funny?

Seriously I'm still having trouble believing in this nonsense.

Advertisement