Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anonymous

• 06-04-2009 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Terrible, terrible stuff. How much does the make-up cost, they look the same every ****ing week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Sorry for the double post, just had to say they had that twat McSavage on, the hecklers were so much funnier than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

amacachi wrote: »
    Sorry for the double post, just had to say they had that twat McSavage on, the hecklers were so much funnier than him.

Caught a bit of it, the gf thinks its funny! Women!
    The McSavage bit was class ... Something like: "Im just there making people laugh" ... cue some bloke "Your not making me laugh"

Also he came across as a right asswipe going on about how the "Security" lads were doing a job nobody else would ever want etc.

Is that the end of the series? Hopefully as it was blatent false advertising to categorise it as comedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

The problem with the show now is that there's nobody left who the public would recognise. So what's the point in making people up now ? If any of these 'celebs' sat beside me without their make up I still wouldn't know wtf they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Terrible, terrible stuff. How much does the make-up cost, they look the same every ****ing week.
    Yeah it amazes me every time that I watch it that people don't cop on quicker, the make-up is horrendous and grotesque. Surely it looks worse up close?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

They look the same every week. The make up looks dreadful and i cant understand how people dont cop on quicker. McSavage got Jason Byrne straight away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

dlambirl wrote: »
    They look the same every week. The make up looks dreadful and i cant understand how people dont cop on quicker.

Ya if one of the recent ones came up to you
    you would take one look and:
    "AAH your on that tv show, big load of plastic on yer face"

"makeup off"
    "Who the fup are you? now i recked you with the makeup on, dont have a clue who you are with it off! You the tea boy in RTE or something?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

elshambo wrote: »
    Ya if one of the recent ones came up to you
    you would take one look and:
    "AAH your on that tv show, big load of plastic on yer face"

"makeup off"
    "Who the fup are you? now i recked you with the makeup on, dont have a clue who you are with it off! You the tea boy in RTE or something?"

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Couldn't agree more. Their faces are falling off halfway through most shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I thought it was good to begin with but like everything there is a shelf life.

I like Jason Byrne's madness but he needs a new vehicle.

It also depends on the person you get, some of the funnier ones have been the less known ones. I thought Pamela Flood's episode was very good, she really should think of acting IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

I think it has it moments. Like, Jason Byrnes gag on his mother was very good.
    Same, With the epiode with Baz, His gag on his mother was also funny.
    Then, some clips are really poor and shouldnt really be good enough to be aired.
    A lot of the Jason Mcateer episode was poor enough

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

I don't see how people can't see the person is plastered in make up and a wig if you can notice it on the telly surely if the person is talking to you,you can notice.
    IMO its run its course Jason Byrne is not funny anymore maybe at the start but its got to the stage you know what he is going to tell the so called celeb what to do or say!!

smares wrote: »
    I don't see how people can't see the person is plastered in make up and a wig if you can notice it on the telly surely if the person is talking to you,you can notice.
    IMO its run its course Jason Byrne is not funny anymore maybe at the start but its got to the stage you know what he is going to tell the so called celeb what to do or say!!

That's all we have been saying just said it more politely :)

I am surprised it got a 5 series, I am guessing 5 season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

It has its moments but it's usually crap. but seriously how do people not know? I mean their faces are obviously all fake. and even so the men look like they're wearing make-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Elmo wrote: »
    That's all we have been saying just said it more politely :)

I am surprised it got a 5 series, I am guessing 5 season?

Cheap to make!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

Jason Byrne is one of the least skillful comedians I've ever seen on TV. He has two voices, his normal voice, and the one he uses to impersonate everyone, from Anne Doyle to Jose Mourinho. But don't worry, if he can't make you laugh with his skillful impressions, he'll just show you his arse. We all find that hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

lol true that squeeky one where he does that thing with his face?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Awful stuff, although Jason McAteer deliberately pissing himself infront of John Aldridge was hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a160229/celebs-turn-anonymous-in-itv1-prank-show.html?rss

I see here that they are taking it to other shores. More choice of celebs. But who is Stephen Mulhern?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭!

Tazzer wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a160229/celebs-turn-anonymous-in-itv1-prank-show.html?rss

I see here that they are taking it to other shores. More choice of celebs. But who is Stephen Mulhern?

He presented Britains got Talent extra.

trickytv.jpg

Louis Walsh is also on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

Mulhearn is easily as talented and watchable as Jason Byrne is, which immediately makes it one to avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I'm guessing Louis will try and fool them at the X Factor auditions maybe or try and fool Simon Cowell :D

2fivers wrote: »
    Mulhearn is easily as talented and watchable as Jason Byrne is, which immediately makes it one to avoid.

Mulhearn is ****ing weird looking. He scares me.

Advertisement