Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Gyms in Naas/Newbridge

Options
  • 06-04-2009 10:53pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any one got any recommendations ? Want to learn to swim too and the possibility to get a decent Personal Trainer ,

Has any of them got any good offers on at the moment ? I Live in Newbridge and from looking around so far I think the one in the osprey hotel looks very nice .

Cheers for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

Any one got any recommendations ? Want to learn to swim too and the possibility to get a decent Personal Trainer ,

Has any of them got any good offers on at the moment ? I Live in Newbridge and from looking around so far I think the one in the osprey hotel looks very nice .

Cheers for any help

New swimming pool in Naas (on caragh road) has really nice facilities, you can get swimming lessons - not sure about personal trainer but apparently gym is pay as you go and really reasonable - might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Got any more details on the swimming pool ? It's great that they replaced the old one

edit - Never mind. Found the website.
    http://www.kildareleisure.ie/

A bit expensive for a swim, but hopefully they maintain good standards. (Their limit of a student being 16-26 is a bit annoying)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Gavin wrote: »
    Got any more details on the swimming pool ? It's great that they replaced the old one

edit - Never mind. Found the website.
    http://www.kildareleisure.ie/

A bit expensive for a swim, but hopefully they maintain good standards. (Their limit of a student being 16-26 is a bit annoying)

This looks really decent , Think I will go and check it out !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Was there on sunday for a swim. Its a decent sized pool, 25m. Which seemed alot bigger when I was younger and going to the old pool in Naas. Didn't use the gym or steam room/sauna(didn't know the last two were there). It's well kept, clean. And a couple hot lady lifeguards. N.B It kinda has a unisex changing area, but with individual cubicles. I thought I'd walked in the wrong door for a sec.

It got a little too busy while I was there, and a group of Poles seemed to hog one of the lanes, even though they weren't using them for lenghts. Other than than it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

Hi there,

I cannot recommend the new facilities on the Caragh Road highly enough. They really are super and whats even better, you dont have to join to use the facilities wasting €400+ when you get bored after a couple of weeks!!

I've used the pool several times, the best time to go IMO is after 8pm when the kids are booted out. I went on a sunday morning and thought my ears would never get back to normal (i'm not a fan of kids!!) The shower facilities for the pool are communial but there are individual changing rooms. There is also a private family changing room.

Tonight I used the gym because the weather was so miserable I couldn't bring myself to go out in it!! It is great with all the machines you would see in a private gym. I needed some advise and I approached one of the instructers who gladly gave me the answers I required. In the gym there are private shower facilities and a communial changing room.

I also saw a man getting a program made out for him by one of the instructers, I dont know if you have to be a member to avail of this service, i'm actually going to email tomorrow about it.

Ooohhh and you can do classes too!! I saw a spin class underway on my way in and what looked like a toning class when I wsa leaving!

If you need anything else just let me know!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

niamh4626 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I cannot recommend the new facilities on the Caragh Road highly enough. They really are super and whats even better, you dont have to join to use the facilities wasting €400+ when you get bored after a couple of weeks!!

I've used the pool several times, the best time to go IMO is after 8pm when the kids are booted out. I went on a sunday morning and thought my ears would never get back to normal (i'm not a fan of kids!!) The shower facilities for the pool are communial but there are individual changing rooms. There is also a private family changing room.

Tonight I used the gym because the weather was so miserable I couldn't bring myself to go out in it!! It is great with all the machines you would see in a private gym. I needed some advise and I approached one of the instructers who gladly gave me the answers I required. In the gym there are private shower facilities and a communial changing room.

I also saw a man getting a program made out for him by one of the instructers, I dont know if you have to be a member to avail of this service, i'm actually going to email tomorrow about it.

Ooohhh and you can do classes too!! I saw a spin class underway on my way in and what looked like a toning class when I wsa leaving!

If you need anything else just let me know!!:)

Cheers for the report ,

It will prob be Thursday or Friday before I get down to it , but it sounds like its ticks all the boxs so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Member here for 8 years or so and they recently had a big investment and replaced all the equipment. Class selection of cardio and weight machines. I’ve met a lot of people in there that have recently left the other gyms around naas. Worth checking out.

I’ve here good things about the Caragh Road gym too.

Advertisement