Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No power in pc

• 06-04-2009 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Sister has a dell dimension 9500 which wont boot up. Light is yellow - flash 1-2-3-4 flash-1-2-3-4 etc. Followed the instructions from dell online help and it seems to be the motherboard. I have no clue but how would I go about getting this fixed ?She doesnt want to spend a fortune to find out that it cant be replaced. Really needs the hard drive. Any suggestions? Dont really want to leave it into dell - warranty is up. Any recommendations for shop in dublin ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

Had another go at trying to fix the power and nothing. Any suggestions anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bignose3838

If the Mobo is fried your talking about 200 euro for a new board and about another 100 euro to get it replaced. Where are you based? If your in Wexford I can take a look at it for you(I'm a computer technician).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭deceit

If the 9500 dell is btx and it is the motherboard you would be better off buying a cheap case and cheap atx motherboard. Would be cheaper. I did that for my gf's pc too safe on the rip off price dell charge to replace there btx motherboards.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

If you're going down that route you'll need a new power supply too as Dell use a proprietary connector. A cheap option is to buy a board on ebay et al and install it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

you can buy a 3.5 inch usb ide case 20 euro,approx, peats, maplins ,plug into pc or laptop and copy mp3s,data to foder ,call it backup no1.you could sell it on adverts.ie, or put up ad,general swap, dell pc, mobo broken,will swap for pentium 4 pc,+cash.eg you,d pay 100euro and your old pc,get a p4 1ghz or 1.5 pc unit, and you,d use the existing monitor,mouse,keyboard .or Maybe you want to get an ebay identical mobo,and fit in in the dell case.for 200euro on adverts ie you,d get a very fast DUAl CORE PC UNIT 2cpu at least 2.oghz cpu speed, ie around 3times faster than your existing pc.put the old hd inside the usb case ,do not et the hd pcb touch any metal at any point ,or else .put standard pastic tape over the hd pcb board to prevent damage or possibe,static,or short circuit, caused damage.
    its not practical ,economicy,viabe,to fix the pc in a shop as it woud cost 150 minimum parts and labour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement