Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Night Clubs

Options
  • 06-04-2009 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

I know that law came in a while back saying clubs must close at 2:30am (in slightly more techincal terms than that), but a few of my friends have been saying that various clubs in Dublin stay open till 3am, 3:30am and even some 4am legally due to late night licenses!!

Is this true? I always thought all clubs had to be shut by half 2.....? Am I wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Coppers officially closes at 0330.
    I think Legs on Leeson St also is 0330.

You'll prob get a better response over here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=474

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

21's officially closes at 3:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

SRFC90 wrote: »
    I know that law came in a while back saying clubs must close at 2:30am (in slightly more techincal terms than that), but a few of my friends have been saying that various clubs in Dublin stay open till 3am, 3:30am and even some 4am legally due to late night licenses!!

Is this true? I always thought all clubs had to be shut by half 2.....? Am I wrong?

Afaik if places go to the courts they can stay open past 2.30, I could be wrong. Go over to "Legal Discussion" and they'll tell you or if you want read the Intoxicating Liquor Act 2003 in the Irish Statue Book (I can't make head nor tails of most of it).

Advertisement