Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Install requires Dx9.0c even tho Dx10 is installed!

Options
  • 07-04-2009 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Everytime i install a game it asks me to install Direct X 9.0c, Im running Vista so i have Dx10 preinstalled, its a new rig, had to do a reinstall and this never happened before... Its as if it doesnt recognise Dx10 as being installed!

Anyone know whats happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭ColonelCarnage

Most older games that came out pre-vista seem to have that problem for me too! If it asks you at the end of installing a game would you like to install DX 9c or whatever just respectfully decline and the se-up should end fine and you should be able to play your games normally. DX10 is included with vista and effectively includes all older forms of DX so ignore the install, you should be good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

THats the problem tho, i cant play the game because it says i dont have a compatible version of direct X 10!!

What! Ok then list the games that are telling you that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Tom Clancys Hawx

Ok well that is a brand new game so I cant check it out for you but here are some things to do in a rough order.

1) Get the latest drivers
    2) Get the latest patch (theres hawx 1.01 patch)

http://www.fileplanet.com/197477/190000/fileinfo/Tom-Clancy%27s-HAWX-Patch-v1.01

3) If none of these work after a computer restart then right click properties on the game icon and go to compatible and set to windows xp service pack 2. It wont give you DX10 but should let you start the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

DX9 and 10 are completely different and separate libraries. Update your DX9 just as it says.

Advertisement