Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool XI -v- Celtic XI

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

...and what makes you think you can speak for Celtic fans?:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

ziggy wrote: »

Any reason in particular?

Well iirc the guts of 4,000 people turned up last year for Liverpool XI -v- Man Utd XI, with more than half being scousers. And well about 300 Celtic fans turned up during the summer last year to see a Shels reserve play a Celtic reserve in Tolka, so I could see alot more turn up for this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

might be a good laugh alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How can Liverpool play any kind of a game gainst "Celtic Legends"? Name me a Celtic legend who is still able to play?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Well move to Scotland and you can give money to Celtic so. You know, like most real football fans. Watching TV doesn't count unfortunately :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What players are lined up for Liverpool??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Haha don't worry, your refusal won't count for anything among most of the dimwitted Irish Celtic fans. They'll love seeing their old heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

mike65 wrote: »
    How can Liverpool play any kind of a game gainst "Celtic Legends"? Name me a Celtic legend who is still able to play?

Well for starters how about Henrik, Lubo and Lenny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Hope they make some money out of this,

But it seems ironic to me for you to be posting this,

would it not be better if they had a real football match for real people?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Well move to Scotland and you can give money to Celtic so. You know, like most real football fans. Watching TV doesn't count unfortunately :o
    ziggy is Scottish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

DSB wrote: »
    Haha don't worry, your refusal won't count for anything among most of the dimwitted Irish Celtic fans. They'll love seeing their old heroes.

Ok any more comments like that and there will be infractions.

DSB seriously.

Ziggy seems like a very decent chap. PauloMN the same. Dempsey the same. And A Dub in Glasgo, Badabing, redspider, OhNoYouDidn't, Big Chief...

There's only a small group of Celtic fans on here and we're not the scum that you seem to associate with us so I'd appreciate if you just kept silent with your vile hatred towards Celtic.

Not that you'll listen to me, you never do, which I think says a lot more about your ignorance and stubborness.

Even Celtic and Rangers fans have regular debates on here without showing any serious hatred for the other club. If one of us was on one of our own forums we may post about how much we hate the other side or whatever but that's toned down on this forum for obvious reasons (you do actually realise the reasons or do you think big heated rows should be allowed on this forum?). I have lunch every day with a Rangers fan and we're obviously not going to start telling each other what we posts on the Celtic and Rangers forums. Eirebear seems decent. The other Rangers fans on here seem decent. So I wouldn't want to be slagging them off.

You don't seem to care a jot though who you annoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Well for starters how about Henrik, Lubo and Lenny?

Lenny wasnt able to play 3 years ago! :pac:
    DSB wrote: »

To be fair DSB, i see this one the other way, and said so when the same ground hosted Utd V Liverpool "legends".

Shelbourne may be getting a short term fix out of the gate receipts here, but all they are doing in reality is strengthening the support that teams outside of ireland gain from irish people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Eirebear wrote: »
    Shelbourne may be getting a short term fix out of the gate receipts here, but all they are doing in reality is strengthening the support that teams outside of ireland gain from irish people.

I don't think a bunch of oul fellas are gonna do that, if it was Celtic vs Liverpool maybe, but not the ex-players, it'll just be a novelty event that brings in money for the club. Obviously its sad that this will bring in much more than our home games, but we don't seem to be able to change the reality so may aswell take advantage of it at least til we can change it, if ever.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    DSB seriously.

Ziggy seems like a very decent chap. PauloMN the same. Dempsey the same. And A Dub in Glasgo, Badabing, redspider, OhNoYouDidn't, Big Chief...

There's only a small group of Celtic fans on here and we're not the scum that you seem to associate with us so I'd appreciate if you just kept silent with your vile hatred towards Celtic.

Not that you'll listen to me, you never do, which I think says a lot more about your ignorance and stubborness.

Even Celtic and Rangers fans have regular debates on here without showing any serious hatred for the other club. If one of us was on one of our own forums we may post about how much we hate the other side or whatever but that's toned down on this forum for obvious reasons (you do actually realise the reasons or do you think big heated rows should be allowed on this forum?). I have lunch every day with a Rangers fan and we're obviously not going to start telling each other what we posts on the Celtic and Rangers forums. Eirebear seems decent. The other Rangers fans on here seem decent. So I wouldn't want to be slagging them off.

You don't seem to care a jot though who you annoy.

I was a wee bit shocked at that too. But sure they're only jealous. "For it's a grand old team to play for....":D

Lenny wasnt able to play 3 years ago! :pac:

Ah poor Lenny gets a hard time God bless his hooped heart:P

But it seems ironic to me for you to be posting this,

would it not be better if they had a real football match for real people?

Directed at me?

Tbh I doubt it, the majority of people turn a blind eye to LoI football in recent times since the "Sky Sports" era has arisen.

Shels are merely trying to make money which we badly need, delivering a product that people will pay to see, no matter how hard we try we can't and probably never will compete with British teams so we may aswell take advantage of things, e.g. this chance to make some money, when Leeds come over during the summer again, etc...

Oh and eirebhoy I LOL at your sig, although not shown in your picture, the banners that were on show at the back of the flags and the front read "Fight Anti-Irish Racism" then "In support of Aiden McGeady, Neil Lennon and James McCarthy"; 2 born Scots and 1 Northern Irish guy.:D We'll leave that discussion for another day though.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,354 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Oh and eirebhoy I LOL at your sig, although not shown in your picture, the banners that were on show at the back of the flags and the front read "Fight Anti-Irish Racism" then "In support of Aiden McGeady, Neil Lennon and James McCarthy"; 2 born Scots and 1 Northern Irish guy.:D We'll leave that discussion for another day though.:pac:

Are you trying to deny my two Glasgow born sons the right to be Irish?

monkey9 wrote: »
    What players are lined up for Liverpool??

Guessing it will be something like last season

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=913

• Advertisement

Are you trying to deny my two Glasgow born sons the right to be Irish?

Yes he is. They weren't born in Ireland were they? Hence, they aint Irish. It's just a passport ffs, you'll get over it :o

Yes he is. They weren't born in Ireland were they? Hence, they aint Irish. It's just a passport ffs, you'll get over it :o

Oh, you have a lot to learn

The fact (absolute fact) is that if McCarthy and McGeady were from Jamaican diaspora and chose them over Scotland they wouldn't be getting the abuse. So it's certainly anti-Irish imo.

Oh, you have a lot to learn

Nope, I just put no credence in nationality as you do. Which is why I'm sure you follow Celtic, Ireland, every team in a green jersey, leprechauns, etc,. Your sons would be best off learning that it's not what is on the passport that counts. We're all the same. All human.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    The fact (absolute fact) is that if McCarthy and McGeady were from Jamaican diaspora and chose them over Scotland they wouldn't be getting the abuse. So it's certainly anti-Irish imo.

So, it's indirect anti-Irish abuse is it? As they're not Irish it can't be direct abuse surely. Are they hoping lots of Irish people are watching on tv or what?

Nope, I just put no credence in nationality as you do. Which is why I'm sure you follow Celtic, Ireland, every team in a green jersey, leprechauns, etc,. Your sons would be best off learning that it's not what is on the passport that counts. We're all the same. All human.

You still have a lot to learn as shown by your snide comments above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It seems people are unable to discuss the game without resorting to comments about nationality and what does or does not constitute being Irish so I'm locking the thread.

The info on the game is still there for all to see in OP.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement