Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monageisha roundabout???

Options
  • 07-04-2009 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

hey people, just wondering if anybody has a picture of monageisha roundabout, (its near the eye cinema). If anybody does can you please put it up on here, thanx.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

are they going putting lights at that roundabout? looks like it.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

is it this one?
    linky

Edit: Are u looking for a current picture? Like, one from the last few days or just one from whenever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭ancientdog

1 from the last year or so, not 1 from 1970 or so.

ancientdog wrote: »
    1 from the last year or so, not 1 from 1970 or so.
    Damn

deletes 1972 picture of that area

you are a crafty fellow dark knight, you almost fooled me.

• Advertisement

black knight rather.

Or Black_Knight even :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Left lane coming from Bohermore RB was closed for work last time I drove past. Caused a huge backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭synacron trion

are they going putting lights at that roundabout? looks like it.

I think so. I think they are taking the roundabout out all together and putting in a junction with traffic lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I hope so - roundabouts are really pedestrian un-friendly, and they take up more room than normal intersections do.

There really isn't any good thing about them, except I suppose that cars wait less to get through (but I wouldn't say they help traffic at all)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

How comes you're looking for the picture ancientdog?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Aye they are taking out the roundabout and turning it back into a junction
    Huzzah I say

I imagine it will cause complete havoc. Never seen a roundabout being removed, wonder how they are going to divert traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭synacron trion

Krieg wrote: »
    ...wonder how they are going to divert traffic

Very badly I imagine. That area is going to be a disaster zone for months while its underconstruction. I've changed my route into college to go via ballybritt and headford road onto the bridge.

I think the plan is to get rid of that roundabout completely and install traffic lights instead. It's also going to enable people to turn into the Wellpark business park going towards town, instead of going around that stoopid roundabout first.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

I took a photo of it only a few weeks ago...cos i knew it'd change to an intersection.

Unfortunately i dont have an internet connection now (im using internet cafe) and wont have one for at least another 2 months. So can't post it up at the moment, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

I think so. I think they are taking the roundabout out all together and putting in a junction with traffic lights.
    Xiney wrote: »
    I hope so - roundabouts are really pedestrian un-friendly, and they take up more room than normal intersections do.

There really isn't any good thing about them, except I suppose that cars wait less to get through (but I wouldn't say they help traffic at all)
    I think the plan is to get rid of that roundabout completely and install traffic lights instead. It's also going to enable people to turn into the Wellpark business park going towards town, instead of going around that stoopid roundabout first.

Yeah, the council are replacing it with an intersection. It's the first of many backlogs as they are apparently going to replace all the roundabouts in the city with traffic lighted intersections. Although the magic roundabout is going to be delayed until the Galway shopping centre is being redeveloped.

I wonder if this will help or hamper the traffic in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

Xiney wrote: »

isnt that the purpose of them? cars wait less time? They are designed for cars not the pedestrians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I was walking by the area and took a couple of pics with my phone, but they are ****e.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2s6uiyd.jpg
    http://i40.tinypic.com/1zn07bq.jpg

thanks kreig, they are fine, cheers dude, and das kitty, i need them for a terrorist plot to make everybody late for school and work and to make them cry.

• Advertisement

The work is supposed to be completed before the boats arrive.

It is also supposed to tie in with the lights in Renmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

isnt that the purpose of them? cars wait less time? They are designed for cars not the pedestrians.

In terms of public health and the environment, it is in our best interest to make walking and cycling easy and safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 geeniebops

The roundabouts in Galway are death traps. Half of them have lanes aren't even marked properly or clearly. Couple that with drivers who can't go around them correctly and it's a hazard. Bring on the traffic light controlled junctions I say!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

thanks kreig, they are fine, cheers dude, and das kitty, i need them for a terrorist plot to make everybody late for school and work and to make them cry.

In other words you're writing an article and need a pic then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Das Kitty wrote: »
    In other words you're writing an article and need a pic then.

Or you're preparing Frank Fahey's website for the 2011 election, and are going to show that the new traffic lights are no good, and should be replaced with a 'state-of the art' roundabout :D

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

They're linking all the traffic light junctions on the Dublin Rd so that when you leave the green light at Moneenageisha, by the time you get to Duggans that light will be green and by the time you get to the lights by the old Crystal sight they will be green etc. That's the plan anyways.
    I also read that they're rolling out real time bus information along all the Dublin Rd bus stops so that you'll know when the next bus is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Kind of like what the roundabout currently does....hey, your plan worked!

I can give you pictures of the Bothermore roundabout if you want to destroy it, God knows it is overdue

Hello, yes Das kitty i need a pic basically, thats all, but im not writing an article, i just want a pic. Dillallio, i wish i was preparing Frank Faheys website for the 2011 election, whoever he is. LowOdour, my plan did work, all thanks to you, by the way, I already destroyed those pics of the Bothermore roundabout......dont tell anybody

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

At peak times the roundabout simply does not work.

If you have the misfortune to drive through it in the morning, you will see that a lot of people completely disobey the rules of the road on it. Traffic backs up in all directions due to people driving onto the roundabout as if they were driving into a car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

schween wrote: »
    They're linking all the traffic light junctions on the Dublin Rd so that when you leave the green light at Moneenageisha, by the time you get to Duggans that light will be green and by the time you get to the lights by the old Crystal sight they will be green etc. That's the plan anyways.
    I also read that they're rolling out real time bus information along all the Dublin Rd bus stops so that you'll know when the next bus is due.

Sounds like a nice idea but won't you be fsked if the lights turn red as you are approaching them, every time you hit lights they will be red :(

Maybe I don't get it, I'm sure the boffins have modeled the whole thing.

Advertisement