Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone features Vs MP3 Player features

Options
  • 07-04-2009 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

just thinking

apart from making calls/texts
    todays hi end phones come internet enabled thru gprs/3g and wifi
    they sometimes have gps recievers and maps.
    they have music players and video players
    text veiwing/editing
    have games.
    FANTASTIC, what a piece of kit.

my problem is a phone just dosnt last me much more than 18 months
    due to battery life and general wear, my phone follows me almost everywhere (on the farm etc) and its just not up to sustained period of medium duty use.
    So this fantastic peice of kit is not so fantastic for long

ON the other hand
    i've had an iriver h340 for about 5 years,
    it old and has nowhere near the extra functionality of todays mid range phones,
    but.. its in perfect condition, not a scratch, not a bump. and this is because it dosnt sit in my pocket all day, with keys/coins/screws/nuts and bolts etc.

i wont spend big bucks on a feature rich phone because it'll be junk
    in two years time
    so what i need is a phone that does calls and texts and internet over gprs/3g and is cheap

i will spend big bucks on a feature rich mp3 player because i'll mind it better, it wont do a full battery cycle every 2/3 days
    so what i need is an mp3 player with music/video/gps/games/wifi and all the extras you find on hi end phones.

i considered the ipod touch. but i'm wary of apple products (i wont go into it) and would rather avoid them

soo
    what the most feature rich (bloated) "mp3" player around?
    and why are extra feature so much more readily available on a phone than on an mp3 player?!

Advertisement