Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile Top-up - 2 for 1

Options
  • 07-04-2009 2:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the story with this?

Is there something I'm missing?

They seem to be claiming that if you top up you get the same amount for free.

i.e. top up by 10 and they'll give you 20.

And they say it's for life.

Something fishy me thinks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

kraggy wrote: »
    Anyone know the story with this?

Is there something I'm missing?

They seem to be claiming that if you top up you get the same amount for free.

i.e. top up by 10 and they'll give you 20.

And they say it's for life.

Something fishy me thinks.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/great_deals.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

the offer is real but the catch is credit must be used within 30 days or it disappears so ...........i think

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

delllat wrote: »
    the offer is real but the catch is credit must be used within 30 days or it disappears so ...........i think

this is true
    tesco wrote:
    The unused Free credit received as part of the Buy 1 get 1 free offer, will expire after 30 days and will not be carried over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You know this is only on tesco mobile right : 089

not all networks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    You know this is only on tesco mobile right : 089

not all networks!

So you can't keep your number, move to tesco and avail of the deal? You have to get a new sim/number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No you can keep your no. and port, once you are on the Tesco network you can get BOGOF on mobile your topup.

It just wasn't clear from the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

That's unbelievable value, especially considering their texts are cheaper than anyone else too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

there are restrictions on what the free credit can be used for also and your paid for credit is always used up first.
    # This offer applies to all standard Republic of Ireland mobile and landline calls, standard texts and picture messages to Irish mobiles and GPRS browsing only and excludes international calls, roaming and calls to directory enquiries, premium rate numbers or any non standard number, downloads as well as premium SMS messages to short codes, international text, any text messages sent whilst roaming and text to any landline numbers
    # To receive the Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Top Up for Life Offer you must top up by a minimum of €10 in one go excluding any drip fed or other promotional top up credit received in each month. The unused Free credit received as part of the Buy 1 get 1 free offer, will expire after 30 days and will not be carried over. Once the customer has spent all of their paid for airtime, they will then begin to use their free airtime

Advertisement