Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Codeigniter Image Gallery

Options
  • 07-04-2009 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

I'm moving my site ratemypub.ie over to codeigniter over the next few months and I'm sure I'll have a few questions popping up.

I suppose the first question I have is images.

On ratemypub when a user uploads an image the image is transferred to flickr in private mode, I can then look at the image and accept it onto my site (which sets it to public and allows it to be displayed on my site) or reject it, which deletes it from flickr.

The advantages to this for me were

1 - the bandwidth is being used by flickr

2 - the fact that flickr creates a nice rss which is tag dependant and I connect this to google slideshow which creates a nice slideshow which you can see on a lot of my pages.

Sooooooooo I'm wondering if this is the way to go with codeigniter i.e. create a function to do all of this or are there other easier ways that I havent heard about? Or is there a plugin for this already.

thanks for any advice you can give me, I know I should probably go to the codeigniter forum with this but I usually get some pretty decent advice here.

Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I have to say, I'm sure there's better solutions for this than uploading to Flickr.

Something liek SlideShowPro director (and using it's API) might be a better solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭randombar

Ya not sure about spending money on anything I mean there's so many free api's out now I'd be mad to, thinking of having a look at picasa too but I was just wondering if there was a codeigniter library that did the same?

Advertisement