Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cork baltimore

Options
  • 07-04-2009 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I read a book :eek: The Stolen Village, good read its about a whole village of over 100 people taken by pirates back to algiers, amazing story and its made me want to go and vist baltimore and have a good look around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Interesting. Must check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

A brilliant read and a film just waiting to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

that's gas - I heard of it for the first time ever on Coast on BBC2 tonight. must look up the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

beautiful town!

every year on the august weekend we camp at a lake surrounded by mountains just outside baltimore and then head to baltimore and have dinner and a few drinks in the sun. then head off to cape clear. a beautiful area of the country and its all ours! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

I used to spend summers there and a few years back (About 8 years) the town had a large festival to celebrate it and had a large re-inactment of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 West Cork

Hi all,

its known as 'the sack(ing) of Baltimore'.
    Here's a bit more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Baltimore

Amazing the stuff that happened all those years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 citybone

ema wrote: »
    I read a book :eek: The Stolen Village, good read its about a whole village of over 100 people taken by pirates back to algiers, amazing story and its made me want to go and vist baltimore and have a good look around.
    There is a bar in Baltimore called the Algiers lol. There is a restored castle in the middle of the village, its a private residence but is opened to the public during summer months

Advertisement