Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public transport to Dublin Port...

Options
  • 07-04-2009 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some information on the best way to get to Dublin Port from the city centre.
    I have heard there is a bus from Connolly Station? Does anyone know what number bus this is, and how regular they are?
    Also, how much would a cab from Connolly cost?

Are there any other buses that go from different parts of an lár?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

The Dublin Bus website says the 53(to East Wall Rd) and the 53a (to North Wall/Alexandra Rd) both go to Dublin Port from Eden Quay (under Liberty Hall)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The public transport to Dublin Port is actually pretty disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

Des wrote: »

From the small bit of info I can find on the net...I'd have to agree!

It seems the 53A only operates in the mornings.
    The 53 seems to be a bit more regular.

If I was doing the journey myself I wouldnt mind so much...but I'm trying to think of a way for a friend of mine, who has never been in Dublin before, to get to Dublin Port by public transport...and it's not proving easy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

It's shocking, but seeing as we are encouraged to use cars and avoid cyclign and public transport, unsurprising.

Best/ most efficient option is to get a taxi from connolly so you can link up witht luas, dart, etc., .

Pete4779 wrote: »
    It's shocking, but seeing as we are encouraged to use cars and avoid cyclign and public transport, unsurprising.

Best/ most efficient option is to get a taxi from connolly so you can link up witht luas, dart, etc., .

Yeah, I'm thinking a bus/train/luas to Connolly, and then a cab from there.
    How much roughly would a cab from there to Dublin Port cost?

Our public transport really is shocking.
    It's bad enough for locals trying to make their way around...but trying to explain to friends/tourists who've never been in Dublin before is a nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

They are obviously coming in from Holyhead?

Tell them to go to Dun Laoighre instead, the Dart is right beside the ferry terminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

Des's suggestion is spot on! Much much much better place to come in than Dublin Port.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are buses that meet ferry services - best phone Dublin Bus to confirm.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/Ferry-Connections/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Don't phone HQ though, these services are operate by Clontarf Garage, so best bet would be contacting them on (01) 7034619. Usually a reliable service, buses scrolled as "Irish Ferries" or "53B Ferryport".

They are obviously coming in from Holyhead?

Tell them to go to Dun Laoighre instead, the Dart is right beside the ferry terminal.

They are flying in, so that part of the journey isn't a problem.

It's trying to get them from my house to Dublin Port that is proving difficult :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

They are flying in, so that part of the journey isn't a problem.

It's trying to get them from my house to Dublin Port that is proving difficult :(

taxi would cost around 6euro max for them to go down there from Connolly mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

There's lots of public transport going to Dublin port, unfortunately most of it comes across the irish sea....

Advertisement