Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebel Sim Card (iPhone 3G)

Options
  • 07-04-2009 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Can't get the rebel sim card to work my meteor sim in iPhone.

It has worked once or twice for a half hour, but usually says 'so sim' or else the 'no service'

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Try it with a vodafone card. At least you will know if its the network. I think the overall view of these types of cards though is that the 2.2.1 update has effectively stopped them from working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xmc

Daraflats wrote: »
    Can't get the rebel sim card to work my meteor sim in iPhone.

It has worked once or twice for a half hour, but usually says 'so sim' or else the 'no service'

Anyone any ideas?

new v70 version it's 100% working with Meteor sim card (tested),...

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Evergreen

I've tried the new V70 with my vodafone SIM and it does not work, I'm very pissed off with these guys

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xmc

Evergreen wrote: »
    I've tried the new V70 with my vodafone SIM and it does not work, I'm very pissed off with these guys

:mad:

only work with meteor and o2 sim card in ireland,, may be next version will fix this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12167

I'm currently using this card in my iPhone with my

meteor sim. Has been working perfectly for nearly
    2months. Can't reccomend it enough. Saved me a lot of hassle with unlocking. No need for yellowsnow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Daraflats

Where is the best place to buy this V70 version?

Download it from www.rebelsimcard.com you will need a programmer to upgrade the rebel SIM though.

Does anyone know who can programme them with the upgrade or offers some sort of service?

You have to order a programmer from Rebel Sim, it was part of the £20.00 package that they sell. I'm sure that you can order it seperatley as well.

Honestly though, I wouldn't waste too much effort - I got the whole lot from them and after faffing about for a week with my Vodafone SIM gave up on it as a waste of time and money :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Im on bootloader 5.09 and on 2.2.1 want it for O2. If theres everything included and if it would work for me id buy it off you. Then at least its only your time that has been wasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭smackyB

I have a programmer if you want to try and upgrade it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Rhe rebel sim card is working almost perfectly for me and my mate both on meteor.

Only problem I have is the fact if I loose service I need to do a manual search again, make a call, connect to the net etc on another phone then plug it back intot he iphone again to regain service.

I'm hoping the new firmware, v64 will resolve this issue when I upgrade after my programmer gets posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

i use the gevey plus2 sim on meteor and it works fine.....no d1cking around putting the sim in a different phone and making a call if you lose signal etc.....think i paid around 15 for it on ebay......doesnt work with three network though so going to try a different sim unlock for that.

Cool, thanks for the info...

Ok, I bought a programmer to upgrade the rebel sim card...

I basically plugged it in and got the impression it upgraded from windows upgrade.

It now works, however, not fully. I can text perfectly, but i cannot hear people on calls, yet they can hear me fine..

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Well, by tomorrow you shouldn't have to use a rebel sim at all with the 3.0 update and the dev team's imminent unlocks tools to go with it.

Are you serious, where can i get more info...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

the iphone dev team blog. they have a you tube video explaining it. the unlock wont be realeased untill friday. have been waiting 2 months for this can finaly use my iphone
    http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ - here you go. releases on Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

the rebel v73 firmware was working almost perfectly with meteor there over the last few days on iphone 3g v2.2.1

Can I just say the rebel firmware does NOT work ont he new 3.0 iphone software so don't update if you need it!

• Advertisement

HI Hope those Rebel guys go out of business, their SIM card does not work at all with Vodafone and their backup service sucks :mad:

Advertisement