Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] Celebrity Apprentice

Options
  • 07-04-2009 10:10am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I thought I would come on and discuss what can only be described as shocking tv as I watched the US version of Apprentice. They have celebrities taking part to win money for charity.

Over the best few week the shows have got a bit heated - especially with Dennis Rodman getting drunk while doing the challenges.

But this week's episode saw both teams failing as their viral commercial for a detergent failed to impress both the company execs and Donald himself.

Donald then goes on to fire one member from each team - one because she volunteered to accompany her PM into the boardroom (after the PM suggesting it) - the other girl (Khloe Kardashian) was fired because she had a previous DUI charge.

As I was watching I couldn't believe the grilling Donald was giving her, citing dead children from drunk drivers and practically labeling her as a killer although she harmed no one. It was hard to watch.

All the while the two PMs - Clint Black and Melissa Rivers (joan's daughter) were spared from what can only be described as some of the worst PM performances ever on Apprentice - especially Clint's.

In teh US this episode has sparked widespread outrage with many contacting both NBC and the detergent manufacturer and denouncing Donald's actions to the point that they refuse to use the product or watch the show.

Check out the episiode yourself if you get the chance - probably on You Tube by now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

I just watched it here.
    Trump is such a puffed-up self-important twat that I don't miss watching his version of the Apprentice (used to be on BBC).
    The whole "volunteering for the boardroom gets you automatically fired"-logic is such nonsense with no parallel in real sustainable business.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Last years Celebrity Apprentice was very entertaining stuff (at least for the first three quarters, anyway). Haven't really warmed to it this year, to be honest. Haven't seen that episode yet - must try to catch up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

It was such a straaange decision... Ridiculous tbh.. I was watching it thinking ehhh is this serious? Clint Black has made such a mess and you're firing Khloe for a DUI? The whole 'I hate people like you' and 'I've lost my respect for you' stuff was terrible.. I think The Donald has lost the plot.. I'm surprised she didn't break down with the **** he gave her.. It was madness.. Also, not to justify it or anything in any way, but the DUI occurred at the time of her father's one year anniversary..

Advertisement