Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving boxes??

Options
  • 07-04-2009 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

anyone know where to get them at reasonable price??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Go around to shops as soon as you know you're moving and try and collect them that way. They're free if they're just going to recycle them.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

excellent will do. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Argos also do moving boxes for pretty cheap. Not as cheap as free but maybe better sizes/shapes

voxpop wrote: »
    Argos also do moving boxes for pretty cheap. Not as cheap as free but maybe better sizes/shapes

I checked the argos site when I saw this thread.

They want 56 euro for 15 boxes.

Bit steep, I think.

I paid 20 dollars for 10 boxes when we moved to Ireland from Canada in 2007 because we needed good quality uniform boxes that would withstand such a move. I kept the boxes, used them to move again from Sligo to Galway, and I still have them, in the cupboard under the stairs. Hopefully the next time we move will be back to Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

This aint Canada.

Just pointing out alternatives to the OP - if you find them cheaper than Argos let me know. The only cheaper option I can find is,as pointed out, is to ask shop for their old boxes and depending on how many you want and whether you have the time to go around shops asking - Argos might be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 PrideandLuna

I dropped by a box factory on the Boghall Road in Bray when I was moving and bought a whole bale of brand new boxes for about €20 :D

voxpop wrote: »
    This aint Canada.

Just pointing out alternatives to the OP - if you find them cheaper than Argos let me know. The only cheaper option I can find is,as pointed out, is to ask shop for their old boxes and depending on how many you want and whether you have the time to go around shops asking - Argos might be better.

Believe me, I am well and truly aware that this isn't Canada, and I still think 56 euro for 15 boxes is a bit much.

Advertisement