Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re: Pot Limit

Options
  • 07-04-2009 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Couple of qua
    questions regarding betting in Pot Limit games.

1. Blinds 100/200, what is the max that UTG can bet?? I would say it's 1200, i.e. the the pot = 300, UTG calls that making the pot 600 and raises the pot so bet =-1200. Am i right or totally wrong??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

the simple way is [3 * last bet] + whats gone before

in your example utg calls 200 making the pot 500, and raise pot 500 = 700.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Yeah you're a bit off there because when UTG calls he calls 200, not 300. So the pot is 500, not 600, 500 + his 200 is 700. An easy way to remember is the opening raise in pl is 3.5 times the big blind, unless you're opening from the blinds in which case it's only 3 times the big blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

just shout 'pot!' (or 'poh!') at the dealer, throw some chips at him and let him work it out

this is the favoured tactic by most Dublin regulars, who must all be very good players as they have been at it for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Ten for cash

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Thanks. Another question...2,000 in the pot after the flop. Player A bets 2,000, player c calls, player d can now bet 10,000??? Correct??

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

Lol. I remember trying pot limit in a home game once. We went straight back to NL.

Advertisement