Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 07-04-2009 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

myself and my gf are in the position to buy our first home and we have looked at a few houses but we are going to wait a little longer to see how much further they fall.We have looked at some nice houses in Cork and we will keep an eye on them over the next six months and see do they fall further.I was wondering should we go to the bank and see how much we could borrow.I would also like to know if we go to a broker would they charge us because i have been told that they dont charge as they bring buisness to the banks and thats how they get paid.We live in cork city and should have enough savings to cover a deposit but i need more info on brokers.Any info would be great on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

there's no harm in going in to your own bank and having a chat to see what you can borrow.

But keep in mind this could change by the time you go to buy.

I'd just sit tight and keep saving we're a long long way from the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

ntlbell wrote: »
    there's no harm in going in to your own bank and having a chat to see what you can borrow.

But keep in mind this could change by the time you go to buy.

I'd just sit tight and keep saving we're a long long way from the bottom.

I disagree. I think were at the bottom.. Everyone entitled to their opinion tho. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Smcgie wrote: »
    I disagree. I think were at the bottom.. Everyone entitled to their opinion tho. :)

What makes you think we are at the bottom, out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Smcgie wrote: »

So you predict no further falls from this day on?

I'll look forward to the figures in May

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PrideandLuna

No harm in finding out how much you can borrow and having finance in place so you are ready to pounce when the right place comes up.

My broker didn't charge me a cent and made the whole process far less stressfull.

• Advertisement
Advertisement