Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copper rods and pipe

Options
  • 07-04-2009 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could get lengths of 3mm copper rods and 6mm copper tube? I've tried building suppliers etc but they have no idea (or rather if they dont sell it they wont tell me who does!).

I'd rather somewhere I could walk in in Dublin and buy it because shipping will add to the cost. Its just for a small craft project at the moment.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

6th wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get lengths of 3mm copper rods and 6mm copper tube? I've tried building suppliers etc but they have no idea (or rather if they dont sell it they wont tell me who does!).

I'd rather somewhere I could walk in in Dublin and buy it because shipping will add to the cost. Its just for a small craft project at the moment.

Cheers.

Radionics in Dublin do things like that on mail order, although I don't know if they have exactly what you want. You can take a look on

http://www.radionics.ie

and look in their workshop consumables section -- that's the most likely page I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Cheers for that. They have some of what I need, they have the 3mm robs but not the pipe with a inside diameter of approx 5mm - would have to get that in stainless steel and thats alot more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Cheers for that. They have some of what I need, they have the 3mm robs but not the pipe with a inside diameter of approx 5mm - would have to get that in stainless steel and thats alot more expensive.

try ringing around hydraulic parts suppliers, the copper piping used for hydraulic lines has a pretty small inside diameter, they might have scraps you could take for free if you collect them

http://www.torque-hydraulics.com/products.html

Nelson Hydraulics Ltd Rathcool 01-4510622

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Brian Dublin

Cheers.
    Don’t know if this will help you but some of the pipe work used to carry gas to the pilot light on boilers are near to that size if not bang on. I suppose depending on the amount you need. Some are copper some not but as good as and heat resistant.
    I don’t know what you need it for so I don’t know if you can increase the size of pipe required. Try Copper Craft. The small-bore pipe comes in coils.
    More info please

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Try Marks Models (on another models or hobby shop) they carry that sort of stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 capal ban

If I were you I'd try alarm systems installers they use copper piping to protect fire alarm wire which is roughly the size your seeking

cb

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Cheers.

I am guessing this is what your doing if so this person will help
    I am guessing you have a small micro bore heating system and are brazing the fittings. If so the heating system is not designed to be brazed. I hope I am not being rude I am just trying to guess.
    Any way

3mm Copper rods
    6mm Copper Tube are available in Dublin from a Chap called Doug Boucher 0861723734

Let me know how you get on

Advertisement