Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LoI Series 6 - Midweek PD Games

Options
  • 07-04-2009 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭

St Pats -V- Derry City

Like last Friday evening I will be opposing Pats once again for tonight’s game. I felt on Friday they would miss both Dempsey and Leech, tonight should be the same I reckon. St. Pat’s will be forced to continue without the injured quartet of Mark Leech, Gary Dempsey, Garreth O'Connor and Stephen Maher. Pats will have to rejig their side while Derry have a nice headache of seeing some players coming back from injury and suspension. They welcome back Delaney, Deery, and Farren. The latter being the most welcome and hopefully the top striker can bag a couple of goals tonight. Derry must be oozing confidence at the moment as they are top of the league and are currently unbeaten. They had a slight slip up at home to Galway in their last game drawing 1-1. They created many chances in that one but they failed to convert them. Galway only had one shot and they nicked a goal from it. This will be Derry’s third visit to the capital already this season. They’ve already played Bohs, finished a draw and Rovers, took the three points home. In the Rovers game they showed a lot of fight, went 1-0 down, had a man sent off and still managed to win 2-1. This punter reckons they’ll be leaving Dublin with three points once again. Derry to win 2-0 and Farren to make his way onto the score sheet.

Cork City -V- Drogheda United

The match will see the two managers, Alan Mathews and Paul Doolin, return to their former clubs. Two of whom are both boring defensive bastards. Drogheda will happily sit back in this once hoping to frustrate the home side and nick a scoreless draw.

Derry City to win @ 3.05 (Betfair) - 1 pt
    Backing No Goalscorer (Cork V Drogs) @ 7/1 (Boyles) - 0.25 pt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Similar vein of thought RR,

Derry win
    Bohs win
    Cork draw

and a small accum with the above

Sham's win
    bray win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

I think bohs will win away after slipping up last week. Dundalk draw no bet is good also, they are very hard to beat in Oriel. Cork at home also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

raheny red wrote: »
    St Pats -V- Derry City

Like last Friday evening I will be opposing Pats once again for tonight’s game. I felt on Friday they would miss both Dempsey and Leech, tonight should be the same I reckon. St. Pat’s will be forced to continue without the injured quartet of Mark Leech, Gary Dempsey, Garreth O'Connor and Stephen Maher. Pats will have to rejig their side while Derry have a nice headache of seeing some players coming back from injury and suspension. They welcome back Delaney, Deery, and Farren. The latter being the most welcome and hopefully the top striker can bag a couple of goals tonight. Derry must be oozing confidence at the moment as they are top of the league and are currently unbeaten. They had a slight slip up at home to Galway in their last game drawing 1-1. They created many chances in that one but they failed to convert them. Galway only had one shot and they nicked a goal from it. This will be Derry’s third visit to the capital already this season. They’ve already played Bohs, finished a draw and Rovers, took the three points home. In the Rovers game they showed a lot of fight, went 1-0 down, had a man sent off and still managed to win 2-1. This punter reckons they’ll be leaving Dublin with three points once again. Derry to win 2-0 and Farren to make his way onto the score sheet.

Cork City -V- Drogheda United

The match will see the two managers, Alan Mathews and Paul Doolin, return to their former clubs. Two of whom are both boring defensive bastards. Drogheda will happily sit back in this once hoping to frustrate the home side and nick a scoreless draw.

Derry City to win @ 3.05 (Betfair) - 1 pt:)
    Backing No Goalscorer (Cork V Drogs) @ 7/1 (Boyles) - 0.25 pt:(

Derry ran out comfortable winners, 3-0 in the end. Unfortunately Cork managed to nick a goal in the other game.

Next up: Overs in the Kildare -v- Mervue game ;)

Advertisement