Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

head gasket and overheating in opel

Options
  • 07-04-2009 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

If anyone can help me with this that would be great.
    I was looking at buying an 06 opel combo van but i heard they can be trouble.
    From what i've heard the head gasket goes and the engine can seriously overheat.
    But i don't know if this is just on cars or vans or specific years or if it's through at all.
    Any help is much appreciated
    thanks
    dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

my father is on his second combo , first one was a 98 old model, done more work than a tractor ever will, all it ever got was a starter, in 7 years, he bought a new one in 05 and its a bit soft but again has the work of a lorry done, the only thing i would be afraid that would go is the water pump, opels are known for this,
    but ive a landcruiser and he does pull more than me with the combo, amd she never fails, but you could always get a bad one, or a vauxhall, atleast if you stick to opel the dealers wil always look after you

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

my father is on his second combo , first one was a 98 old model, done more work than a tractor ever will, all it ever got was a starter, in 7 years, he bought a new one in 05 and its a bit soft but again has the work of a lorry done, the only thing i would be afraid that would go is the water pump, opels are known for this,
    but ive a landcruiser and he does pull more than me with the combo, amd she never fails, but you could always get a bad one, or a vauxhall, atleast if you stick to opel the dealers wil always look after you
    That makes me a bit more positive i'm buying the right van
    thanks lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Think your in the wrong forum lads.......

Advertisement