Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Core i7 Build !

Options
  • 07-04-2009 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Im looking for advice on building a fairly cheap core i7 system. I was looking around komplett.ie and here is what I got

20gi9eu.jpg

Edit : Apologies about the link lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

Im looking for advice on building a fairly cheap core i7 system. I was looking around komplett.ie and here is what I got http://www.komplett.ie/k/cart.aspx.

That link just brings up an empty shopping cart for me. You would need to take a screenshot of yours or list the items in text/links seperately here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

doesnt work like that, link will point us to our cart. get a print screen ans show us :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BreakNeckSpeed

k just done a quick edit on my first post. Heres the list :

20gi9eu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭tazire

not bad. i would invest in a good heatsink for that cpu as its really overclockable wit a decent cooler. im runnin it with coolermaster v8 hsf. i have same memory as u and i have it over clocked to 3.3ghz which effectively goes close to 3.5 when ur actually doin anythin because of turbo. they are awsome cpus. lovin mine.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Tried a comparable build on HWVS, again without drives (to compare to above) and no cooler (mostly because HWVS' selection of i7 coolers is epic fail)

Intel Core i7-920 Box 8192Kb, LGA1366 - 260,74 €
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel X58, ATX, PCI-Express - 175,17 €
    6GB-Triple-Kit Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 DDR3, CL9 - 77,31 €
    Sapphire HD 4890 1GB GDDR5 PCI-Express - 222,27 €
    Antec EarthWatts 650W - 74,97 €
    Coolermaster Elite 330 ohne Netzteil schwarz - 30,39 €

Sum: 840,85€

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BreakNeckSpeed

Solitaire wrote: »
    Tried a comparable build on HWVS, again without drives (to compare to above) and no cooler (mostly because HWVS' selection of i7 coolers is epic fail)

Intel Core i7-920 Box 8192Kb, LGA1366 - 260,74 €
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel X58, ATX, PCI-Express - 175,17 €
    6GB-Triple-Kit Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 DDR3, CL9 - 77,31 €
    Sapphire HD 4890 1GB GDDR5 PCI-Express - 222,27 €
    Antec EarthWatts 650W - 74,97 €
    Coolermaster Elite 330 ohne Netzteil schwarz - 30,39 €

Sum: 840,85€

Hey do they ship directly to ireland and how much is the delivery ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yes they do and p&p is €30 (it only really pays to buy lots in one go from them :))

Also bear in mind that that was a sample build - no cooler, HDD, optical drive or case fan, plus if you're willing to hang on they might be bringing out Sapphire's HD4890XT soon without much of a price premium - the higher-binned RV790 powering it seems a lot more efficient than the basic ones in the HD4890Pro (such as the card above)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Nice cheap ram, i paid a good bit for only 3gigs in my build. But they are a little faster.

Advertisement