Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Concrete Pond Repair

• 07-04-2009 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi guys, I've a question for someone. Iive built a water feature on a rockery leading into a pond at the bottom. The pond is built on a concrete base with block walls, if you imagine it as a square one side is the rock face from the water feature. Mortar and rock dont give the best of water sealant, which has led to some cracking in thier joints. The mortat I used was a 50/50 mix of portland cement and fine plastering sand, fairly wet, so i thought I'd get a good seal. Does anyone know of an additive mortar to seal joints better? Water repellant weakens the mortar too much.

What i need is something that i can mix into the mortar to seal it with the rock and patch up cracks, and anothe product to paint over the rocks walls and base of the pond to give an extra bit of sealant, preferrable see through so the rock features can be made out.

Any help would be greatly apprectiate.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

look up the Sika ireland website , they sell products that should do the job

Advertisement