Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile broadband

• 07-04-2009 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

I intend on getting a new phone soon and I am leaning towards the new LG Arena. This will be my first time moving to a 3G capable phone so i was checking on the O2 website to see how exactly that works with regard to pre-pay and data charges ... can someone tell me if I am right with regard to the following.

From the website it seems If I was to purchase one of O2's mobile broadband modems I can get 10Gb per month for 19.99 (subject to a 18month contract)
    but if i choose to use my phone as the modem then my only option is to get the broadband as an addon which is 30 a month for the same 10Gb , plus this would also mean having to move to a monthly contract ... so thats a monthly bill plus the extra 30 for the broadband add-on. ???

WTF ??? Should it not be 19.99 for 10gig regardless of how you actually get online, its all via the same 3g sim card surely ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Welcome to the wonders of data charging on mobiles.

You won't need 10GB anyway, look for a lower bundle. Most people using braodband modems on laptops use 1.5 - 2GB a month.

Most people using internet in phones use 100 - 250mb a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

buddy wrote: »
    Welcome to the wonders of data charging on mobiles.

You won't need 10GB anyway, look for a lower bundle. Most people using braodband modems on laptops use 1.5 - 2GB a month.

Most people using internet in phones use 100 - 250mb a month.

Is it possible to use a 3G modem SIM in a phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Baza210 wrote: »
    Is it possible to use a 3G modem SIM in a phone?
    Yes.

Advertisement