Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling my D4D Corolla...

Options
  • 07-04-2009 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Lads n lassies, I'm trying to sell my car for the last 4 months and not one call did I have for it... Cannot understand what I've been doing wrong..
    Open market value for this car is 11500, yet I've droppped the price down to 9200 and still no goers...
    Need to sell her on soon as I've a Passat coming in from the UK next week.
    She's economical 100mpg, 1.4 D4D, A nippy little beaut, Alloys, 67k miles, low tax bracket yet no takers..
    Am I asking too much?

http://adverts.ie/105963
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

100 mpg:eek: I'll take 4!

TBH, I'd say the mileage might be putting some people off. Is it just advertised on adverts? You need carzone and the like - more traffic. Also clean it before you take any pictures FFS, you're trying to sell the bloody thing. One either side, front, back and good interior shot should do it. Mention if it has a FSH too.

I'd say 8500 - you can buy from a dealer for about 10k with a warranty and before cash discount:

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Corolla/1.4-D4D-/200910192073344/advert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Your price is as optimistic as your MPG claims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

You need to get that kind of car advertised in the Farmers Journal - they will swoop for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

Sorry I meant 100km/gallon :):):D......

So farmer's journal you say??

Yep - I'm sure you have it the local classifieds aswell. Stick on the Buy&Sell and see how it gets on. Plenty of farmers down my way driving that model of Corolla so you should get some attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Yep - I'm sure you have it the local classifieds aswell. Stick on the Buy&Sell and see how it gets on. Plenty of farmers down my way driving that model of Corolla so you should get some attention.

It's a hatchback! No self-respecting farmer could be seen driving a hatckback! Still the Journal would be a good idea - more a farmer's daughter's car...

pburns wrote: »
    It's a hatchback! No self-respecting farmer could be seen driving a hatckback! Still the Journal would be a good idea - more a farmer's daughter's car...

You're right! I was looking at EPM's link :) Still though the FJ is worth a shot.

Advertisement