Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LF Horde Raiding Guild

Options
  • 07-04-2009 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭

Any kind people/guilds out there who'd be willing to take in an Irish player (lvl 80 Horde Mage) for raiding in the evenings?

Realm I am on now has gone from being a mature realm to a total p12er, & the guild I'm in now has done a total backwards step, & I'm just not willing to get into butting heads with the other officers over it anymore, as I'd rather spend my game time having fun.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&n=Vuduchylde

I've done 1D/2D on heroic, yet to attempt any 10 man ones of it or a 10 man malygos as we've now got two senior officers who have since re-organised the guild around themselves, inc. raid times (they're in Swe-land, so raiding at 6pm is now a non runner for me), & implemented a loot policy that the GM agreed to that really only benefits them & their 'friends'.

So anyone who can give me a good home to raid in, with a fair loot policy (DKP is always fair, don't give a **** what the whiners say - it is, you turn up, you earn you get to spend - simple!) & that has a reasonable raid start time of like 7pm or so Dublin time.

If anyone out there can help, I'd be appreciated cos I am tearing my ****ing hair out atm & finding myself pugging ..... which is NOT cool!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Davabo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

http://forums.wow-europe.com/board.html?sid=1&forumId=1130

ton of hardcore horde guilds lfm on outland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

If you fancy a realm change, my guild on Khadgar is recruiting, and we could certainly use a good mage. www.nocturneguild.org

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

If you fancy a realm change, my guild on Khadgar is recruiting, and we could certainly use a good mage. www.nocturneguild.org

Cheers Karl, most definitely looking seriously at a real change, cos my current one has gone super P12 & my current guild has gone from being a 'mature guild', to being one where we've 12 year olds in it, I kid you not! I'm a grown man of 30, most of the guild is around my age & now we're letting 12 yr olds in, so there goes the fun chats on TS LOL

ven0m wrote: »
    Cheers Karl, most definitely looking seriously at a real change, cos my current one has gone super P12 & my current guild has gone from being a 'mature guild', to being one where we've 12 year olds in it, I kid you not! I'm a grown man of 30, most of the guild is around my age & now we're letting 12 yr olds in, so there goes the fun chats on TS LOL

Well, I think Nocturne is a good laugh. Most of us are adults, we raid regularly, but there's generally a lot of fun on TS and antics. So if you want a guild that's aimed at raiding and progressing, but at the same time, having fun, then it's a good shot that you'll like it. ;)

• Advertisement

Well, I think Nocturne is a good laugh. Most of us are adults, we raid regularly, but there's generally a lot of fun on TS and antics. So if you want a guild that's aimed at raiding and progressing, but at the same time, having fun, then it's a good shot that you'll like it. ;)

Karl, one of your officers has not put the ball in my court, I just want to know a few things about the economy on Khadgar if you're ok with answering them?

- is the economy good for being able to earn gold through the AH's

- Any ideas on the average price abyss crystals go for, or things such as a stack of glacial salmon or firecracker salmon or runic heal/mana pots per stack go for?

The answers your guild officer gave me on my app have more or less sold me on the guild & that it would be a good move for me, the only concerns I'd ever have with realm changes is the economy problems; i.e. not being able to outside raids farm shedloads of gold (I love me some farming & some achievement whorage LOL)

Also does Nocturne use DKP or loot council?

=)

ven0m wrote: »
    Karl, one of your officers has not put the ball in my court, I just want to know a few things about the economy on Khadgar if you're ok with answering them?

- is the economy good for being able to earn gold through the AH's

- Any ideas on the average price abyss crystals go for, or things such as a stack of glacial salmon or firecracker salmon or runic heal/mana pots per stack go for?

The answers your guild officer gave me on my app have more or less sold me on the guild & that it would be a good move for me, the only concerns I'd ever have with realm changes is the economy problems; i.e. not being able to outside raids farm shedloads of gold (I love me some farming & some achievement whorage LOL)

Also does Nocturne use DKP or loot council?

=)

You can definitely make money from the AH no problem, but I generally just sell ore, make on average about 500g per day. I've saved up over 19,000g for when Ulduar hits. Abyss crystals go for around 100g each, glacial salmon go for about 50g per stack and firecracker salmon about 60g. But to be honest, I don't think it'll make much difference right now because of new patch incoming it'll really toss the economy around a lot, so it'll be hard to say. I would say that any profession will net you a profit though.

In preparation, I've been saving up Titansteel bars, and a few JC tokens. Once the new blacksmithing plans are in circulation, I suspect that the price of Titansteel will go up. People will be getting lots of new loot, so I also imagine the price of Dragon's Eyes will go up by a good margin too. Herbalism will probably be a huge money maker because with Dual specs, everyone will be needing more glyphs and with new glyphs being introduced, herbs will be in more demand. But with the gear shuffle that's going to come, just about every enchant and enhancement is going to be needed, belt buckles, weapon chains, leg armor and so on. It definitely won't be hard to make money.

Nocturne was using EPGP, but the last few weeks we weren't bothering with it. I'm not sure what'll be used in Ulduar, but I'd say it'll come back into effect, or something else might take it's place.

As ever, you're a legend of the highest calibre. Cheers for that & for giving me a poke in what hopefully will be a great direction!!! Hopefully will be seeing you later on in-game ;-)

Advertisement