Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hobby Airsoft shop in kildare.Any good?

Options
  • 07-04-2009 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hey all,

Just heard of this shop in kildare called ''Hobby Airsoft'' or something.
    I was looking at their website but have not got the chance to head up to their shop yet.
    I dont know what to make of their stuff as they don't say what brand most of the items are on their website,and give no proper descriptions on the airsoft guns etc.:confused:

So my question is,are they any good? Do they sell proper quality airsoft suplies? etc etc...

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭JEBUS 1

TunnelWeb wrote: »

I dont know what to make of their stuff as they don't say what brand most of the items are on their website,and give no proper descriptions on the airsoft guns etc.:confused:

just so you know all of the stuff on that website are cybergun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭TunnelWeb

JEBUS 1 wrote: »
    just so you know all of the stuff on that website are cybergun

Im guessing cybergun are bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Im guessing cybergun are bad?

NO.

Certainly they do lower-end entry stuff as well as mid range stuff also. They will soon be selling top end aeg's too.

Cybergun is just a brand name - one which covers many different manufacturers. They seem to really go for the licenced trade marked end.

I've been very impressed with many of their products - especially the KJ Works Co2 1911... drooool :D

They are very well worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

No, I have the Taurus CO2 pistol and its AMAZING.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

Cybergun BBs don't work in any barrel tighter than about 6.06. I used them in a G&G M4A1 Plastica and a JG G36C. BBs jammed both of these. The only decent BBs they sell are the G&G ones which work well. As for the guns, most of them are rebranded. An example of this is the Swiss Arms M6 Long, which is a rebranded ASG Steyr SSG.

• Advertisement

So their stock is of good quality then?

Might go have a gander at their shop so....

Cybergun BBs don't work in any barrel tighter than about 6.06. I used them in a G&G M4A1 Plastica and a JG G36C. BBs jammed both of these. quote]

Wont be touching these bb's so.... Thanks

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    No, I have the Taurus CO2 pistol and its AMAZING.

Did you get the taurus from them?
    I was actually looking at that one.

Yeah, heard those Taurus CO2s were meant to be good. Is that the full auto one Dread-Lock?

Have you been up to the shop Mini Airsofter?
    Hey Dread,is the Taurus all Full Metal?

• Advertisement

Haven't been up to the shop myself but Cartronix and Corrib Tackle in Galway sell Cybergun BBs and they are useless. Cybergun guns are expensive because they are full licensed and trademarked but really are about the same level as DBoys or JG as regards performance.

No I have this one. It's only got single shot but thats all I want. The slide and internals are metal (even though its a NBB), the bottom half is ABS and the grip is rubberized (and damn its comfortable).
    I was shocked at the accuracy of it. The only downside is that the mag only holds 15 BB's.

Yeah Dread I was looking at that one but the nbb part turned me off it.
    Do you have to cock the slide after every shot?

I was looking at this one http://www.hobbyairsoft.ie/products.php?cmd=detail&id=210502&cat=01&subcat=02
    You know if its any good?

I was also looking at this http://www.hobbyairsoft.ie/products.php?cmd=detail&id=180501&cat=01&subcat=01

Yeah Dread I was looking at that one but the nbb part turned me off it.
    Do you have to cock the slide after every shot?

I was looking at this one http://www.hobbyairsoft.ie/products.php?cmd=detail&id=210502&cat=01&subcat=02

I was also looking at this http://www.hobbyairsoft.ie/products.php?cmd=detail&id=180501&cat=01&subcat=01

(Sorry, not trying to speak for Dread but...) :)
    No, you dont cock the slide - it doesnt move at all. Just pop off the safety and away you go...

Due to the NBB - there's much better efficiency so you get alot more shots per cartridge. Also, it's a bit quieter than the blow back options - so better for sniper perhaps.

I think either of the two you pointed out would be very good but you really should get into the shop and try em out before you decide. You could find that you simply dont like the feel...

I think the PT99 is perhaps their best seller. It's Co2 while the other you are looking at is Gas. Get to the shop to see the differences at first hand.

Like all good retailers - if you are under 18 you better bring a parent or guardian otherwise you will only be looking (not buying).;)

Hey it saved me having to type all that :D. And seeing as I got the Taurus off you, your more then able to speak on my behalf.

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Hey it saved me having to type all that :D. And seeing as I got the Taurus off you, your more then able to speak on my behalf.

:D
    Any kills yet?

:D
    Any kills yet?

Yep. Got someone in the warehouse with it.

Thanks defender! You know if this shop lets you try the airsoft guns out before ya buy them?

Thanks defender! You know if this shop lets you try the airsoft guns out before ya buy them?

Like all good airsoft shops - I'd say they encourage it.
    Once you get it in yer hands - it's harder to give it back...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

hey guys does anyone know if they sell m4 mags? unfortunatley tm/ca and all those big brands mags are slightly different to cybergun mags:mad: the TM/Ca ones are too wide and the hole at the top is too short:(
    i cant see any mags on their site but if anyone has been to the shop can you tell me please?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SenDog

gungun wrote: »
    hey guys does anyone know if they sell m4 mags? unfortunatley tm/ca and all those big brands mags are slightly different to cybergun mags:mad: the TM/Ca ones are too wide and the hole at the top is too short:(
    i cant see any mags on their site but if anyone has been to the shop can you tell me please?
    Thanks

Yes I was there yesterday they have mid-caps 120rnds.Fit in my CA m15a4 no fedding probs:)if you are going you have to knock on the door if you cant see any1;) Brand is King Arms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭jick the rapper

where is the kildare shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SenDog

where is the kildare shop?
    Crookstown Buisness park,on the N9 to Carlow.Its behind a filling station:D

You know if this shop lets you try the airsoft guns out before ya buy them?
    Like all good airsoft shops - I'd say they encourage it.
    :p

Really? I've asked in two other airsoft shops and they wouldnt allow it :confused: .Cant mention who they are.

Ya know of any other shops that let you try them before ya buy? Cause I've been going mad trying to find a place that does.:(

Really? I've asked in two other airsoft shops and they wouldnt allow it :confused: .Cant mention who they are.

Ya know of any other shops that let you try them before ya buy? Cause I've been going mad trying to find a place that does.:(

Well it depends on what you mean by try before you buy...:p
    I'm surprised that they wouldnnt gas a mag and let you dry-fire a few shots to get the feel and an idea of the blowback. No surprise they wont fire any bb's for obvious safety reasons.

That is - unless you were making a nuisance of yourself - (the old how much is this, that, this and that... and the first one again...ok I want to try this and that how mu... over and over) in which case you should have been chucked out on yer ear especially if they were busy... :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Most shops I've ever been in will let you have a feel of something before you buy it. That includes gassing mags and dry firing in some cases. As Defenderdude said above, that's so long as you've not made a nuisance of yourself. It also helps to look like a serious and legitimate customer, so if you're under 18, or if you go in there every second day without buying anything... well good luck.

Ha,No guys I was'nt causing trouble or hassle or anything :rolleyes:
    And yes im over 18 and was not going in everyday and not buying anything,and yes I am seriously interested in airsoft. :D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

TBH the bestest way of trying before buying is to head along to a skirmish. Most, if not all, of the guys would be happy to give you a go of their guns and you can then make a really informed decision.

The worst thing imaginable is to buy something and then find out that shouldering it is awkward, the mag changes are difficult or it is just too heavy.

Who knows, the gun you say on the the net that almost made you hurl might look and feel perfect for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Ha,No guys I was'nt causing trouble or hassle or anything :rolleyes:
    And yes im over 18 and was not going in everyday and not buying anything,and yes I am seriously interested in airsoft. :D:P

We allow people to dry fire guns, but for obvious reasons we dont load up a magazine and let people try them out.

• Advertisement

Shiva wrote: »
    We allow people to dry fire guns, but for obvious reasons we dont load up a magazine and let people try them out.

Ok thanks Shiva.You run Eirsoft?

If I was to buy an airsoft gun off you,but then hated it when I got it home and started using it,Would i be able to bring it back to you and get money back or change it for a different one?

Advertisement