Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E51 texting, recent contacts?

• 07-04-2009 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

On a E51 when texting it seems to only allow you to select from your contacts list. On any other phone I've used you could pick from most recent numbers list. Is this not on the E51?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

BostonB wrote: »
    On a E51 when texting it seems to only allow you to select from your contacts list. On any other phone I've used you could pick from most recent numbers list. Is this not on the E51?

By any other phone do you mean "Phones not running S60, ie Sony Ericsson phones"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Baza210 wrote: »
    By any other phone do you mean "Phones not running S60, ie Sony Ericsson phones"?

Would that not be a few thousand phones. ;) I haven't used that many!

Does it really matter? :) I just want to find about about the E51. Its seems to have a lot of shortcuts thats aren't obvious. I thought some of the gurus here might noticed this and found a work around. Like using groups. Bit awkward though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

The site seems to be down at the moment, but try nokia conversation.

Never heard of it. But I'll try find it later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

On s60 you can also just type in the first few letters of the name and click the middle button which will finish it off for you. I find this very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

jmccrohan wrote: »

Ah looks interesting. We'll give a whirl later. Thanks for the link.

squared wrote: »
    On s60 you can also just type in the first few letters of the name and click the middle button which will finish it off for you. I find this very handy.

Unless the people you have have very common names, in which case you'll have to type 4 or 5 chars. Besides a list of last used contacts is just easier and more useful. Most phone have it aswell as a contacts search.

Why Nokia have to muck about with the simple stuff all the time I don't know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

BostonB wrote: »
    Why Nokia have to muck about with the simple stuff all the time I don't know.

Nokia like to add complex stuff rather then basic stuff.

Advertisement