Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java GUI Builder

Options
  • 07-04-2009 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi,

I have created a Java application to work with the command line. I now want to create a GUI and modify the application I have already made. I am looking for an application which will help to create the GUI quickly and easily! I don't want to waste time in creating the GUI. I used TextPad for the rest of the application.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Latest version of Eclipse will do it as well. I forget if you need to download something extra from the site.

Developing GUI in Java is a bit different then say VB (as an example). You need to understand how GUI framework lays stuff out. There are different frameworks as well.

Personally I prefer SWT. Because it gives the best look and feel to the OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Netbeans has a decent built in GUI builder. Eclipses one, you need to download a plugin first.

Theres another one based on Miglayout which is quite good and its for Eclipse. Jigloo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Hobbes wrote: »
    Latest version of Eclipse will do it as well. I forget if you need to download something extra from the site.

Developing GUI in Java is a bit different then say VB (as an example). You need to understand how GUI framework lays stuff out. There are different frameworks as well.

Personally I prefer SWT. Because it gives the best look and feel to the OS.

Unless it has changed recently I think Eclipse is still an additional plugin, I went with for Netbeans as it is integrated fully with the IDE.

Also I haven't actually ever used the eclipse one :).
    Anima wrote: »
    Netbeans has a decent built in GUI builder. Eclipses one, you need to download a plugin first.

Theres another one based on Miglayout which is quite good and its for Eclipse. Jigloo

EDIT: Or what he said :)

Advertisement